Tuesday, July 2, 2013

SUNDAY June 30th

Sunday Sunday...always a wonderful day. We were up nice and early, and frankly it's been awhile since I had kiddies to get out the door to church....and never five. Kathy's kiddies are becoming quite self sufficient and know they're jobs for getting ready to be on the road to church. Church is held about a forty minute drive away, but we made it in good time. The little branch has grown some, and I recognized a few faces from last year. Jeff, now the Branch President conducted the meeting very well, and spoke as part of the service. I was very impressed with his words on Repentance as they related to our drawing closer to the Savior. Jeff is a very good speaker!!
He was also in charge of the fifth Sunday class, and led us through a wonderful discussion regarding the first vision. He has a lot on his plate, but directs all with conviction, and a subtle calmness.
We rested in out of the heat in the afternoon, and it is hot here!!!
Dinner was a delicious BBQ pork, with garlic mashed potatoes, and salad.
I'm living with two amazing chefs for sure.
Later in the evening we had our first campfire in the backyard pit!!!
We also had lots of fun with some games, especially Simon Says.
Then off to bed. 
 
 
love their IPods

The gardener studying her plant book

It doesn't get dark here until after 9:30pm




Simon Says...you're silly

sillier

silliest

and more


and the sun finally set

night all





take my photo too!!!

So long to June, you've certainly been an adventure!!
It's wonderful to be here with Kathy, Jeff and the kiddies.
I miss my family and friends in the East,  but I'm grateful that my husband organized this trip for me, and the time to be with my two western families.


 

 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a fabulous vacation... enjoy all your time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete