Sunday, June 26, 2011

WOW....I'm glad that I got up today!

Today has been a good day, almost....I know you're saying Jackie you could have left out the almost....but I try to be totally honest. I actually just posted my fb status as how amazing church was today. Maybe I should have stayed there.

So that was a rambling start...I tend to do that. I actually knew that I would write again today because I made that decision while sitting in church. Church was amazing today......let me elaborate here....when I got up this morning I came to my special room to read my scriptures. I started by reading from Doctrine and Covenants 6:14-16. ( for those unfamiliar with this scripture...it's scripture received in the latter-days...ask me if you want to know more).....anyway as I read from this section I really received strong impressions that the Lord was speaking to me ( not just old Oliver) It spoke to how I need to be to receive answers in my life. I read it over and over. It also made me think of Laura, so she got a Momma's mini-sermon....( sorry about that LB). After I finished the read I glanced back at the chapter preface and what had I previously written there....Personal Revelation.

Now...on to church. Side thought here....how can people go through their week without church. I love going to church. It brings me so much closer to God, and it recharges my spirit and gives me some special love that I need right now.

Well, today I was asked to give the opening prayer which I agreed to. When I went to pray...the Spirit grabbed me....I knew that I was going to have something happen....Sacrament was very inspiring, and such a reflective time. Then Patti spoke, and she touched my heart. She is such a good woman. After a song from the choir, Doug Choo got up to speak....that's when it happened....he gave a sermon just to me. It was indescribable how it reached into my very being. The topic was personal revelation and it reconfirmed in my heart and soul that God hears little old me....and I will be okay.

 How deeply grateful I am for prophets on the earth once again. For the fullness of the gospel in my day. For inspired speakers. For the knowledge that I have received and that I know to be true...I know this!

I'm also grateful for sitting next to my friend Kathy. For a touching visit with Nancy....I so love that girl and her family. For lots and lots of minutes with my favorite girl Erinn!!!!!!!!! I love her so much and I'm so glad that she comes to see me each week, and that she was at church today. I adore her family...Allie gave me some minutes, and we welcomed Jordan back today too!! Rhonda was released from her library calling, and I will miss her. Today I realized how very much that she has taught me and I'm so grateful to have her friendship. So many others took the time to speak to me today...both Patti's, Malcolm, Jack,Jennifer, Sharon, Teresa, Monica, Jessica, Karlie,Elizabeth,Donna,Elissa,Brandon, Greg,Colin, David,Marley,Scotlin,Vivian, Gwyneth,John,Lynn,Chad,Melissa and so many others........how lucky am I!!!! No luck indeed...blessed. Then I went to Sloan's SS class and he taught as always....supremely!!! He spoke about how we pray ( based on readings in John-Christ's intercessory prayer) He pointed out how it was like the Lord was giving his report to Heavenly Father.....and then he asked how our report would be....My first though....scary!!!

On to Relief Society and again an incredible lesson by someone that I've decided that I need to know better. Ashley Q...you taught a great lesson to me. Thank you. I will get to know you better!!

Back to the library, more hellos and good-byes. I really didn't want to leave. As I drove home I stopped at my friend Joan's to check in on her. She has had a few sad months. Her brother died not too long ago, and then this weekend her only sister died. She thinks on her life , and her gospel reflections
are again inspiring as she faces this challenge.

So see what I mean.....or maybe you don't...it's all up to us each individually how we choose to feel. I am grateful that I got up and went to church. I'm looking forward to a peaceful Sabbath day. Hope that yours is too!!

2 comments:

  1. Good blog post Jackie... glad I made the cut!

    Church was amazing today but I hate to break it to you... Doug's talk was written just for ME! Sloan's lesson too! Guess that means we are on the same page in life....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Jackie. It was so good to see you today. I have missed you! Hmmm...I thought the talks were for me.

    ReplyDelete