Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thinking of you

Well, I am thinking of you dear blog. I have composed several entries early in the day in my head, as I swim, or later in the day as I hustle from one commitment to another, or when I read other diligent bloggers ( especially ones who write almost every day), or when I'm too tired to hardly think ( like right now)
I do like to post pictures too...but the energy to do so left probably two hours ago. So blog...here is a quickie but I do promise to post better very soon.

My thought from the pool...I called it Decades....I really was reflecting on the six decades of my life. So here they are

|Decade one....1951-1961....happy ten years of childhood. Youngest of four children and the apple of my grandfathers eye ( or so I thought) until my younger brother Glenn was born when I was seven. When I was ten I visited Newfoundland for the first time (1961), and three year old Glenn fell from the ferry boat, between the boat and the wharf. ( I did not push him!! I really love the little guy) My hero Dad rescued him and he's still adorable!!

Decade Two...1961-1971.....more good times in a pretty happy family.Finished public school and went on to attend Dalhousie University. Junior High was a challenge being place in The Major Work Class ( it really was called that..Major Jerks by some), High School was toooo much fun....loved Friday night dances, Hi-Y, lots of friends. First introduction to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints...from my sister Julie (1971)

Decade Three....1971-1981.....Finished University.....and began teaching career ( to last for 34 years), Joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints ( a live altering choice), met and married my husband Bill ( 1975), gave birth to first child, a son Michael (1977), and a Daughter Kathryn 1979 ( both having the same birthday)

Decade Four....1981-1991....added two more beautiful daughters....Karen 1983, Laura 1989. Started to job share my teaching career with Kathi Vinson ( a wonderful team for 20 years)

Decade Five...1991-2001....son served a mission in France for two years, visited France, both parents died...Dad 1998, Mom in 2000.... met my half brother Jack for the first time ( feels like I've always known him) Bill also met his half brother, Bill...turning 50 was an interesting year for us both. Kathy graduates from Community College ( chef program) Daughter Kathy marries....First grandchild born (2001)...a girl, Jessica Mary...to Kathy and Jeff

Decade Six ...2001-2011... Michael and Karen both marry. Michael graduates from SMU and St.FX...French teacher... Four more grandchildren born from Kathy and Jeff....Sarah, Jacob, Georgia, and Cooper. I retire from teaching ( 2007), visit the Islands of Hawaii,  Twin granddaughters born (2011) from Mike and Keah...24 weeks, very tiny 1 lb.4 and 1lb.5....4 months at the IWK and many miracles!! Karen graduates from SMU and Mt.Saint Vincent ( Elem. teacher)Youngest daughter Laura graduates from Dalhousie ( Radiology Tech)and moves to Calgary Alberta.

So that's a capsulated look at the past six decades.....I may edit it  later when I'm more awake....and even add photos!! Interesting exercise to reflect back on the decades of your life!! Hard to believe that I'm sixty sometimes

No comments:

Post a Comment