Sunday, June 12, 2011

Those were the Days my friend

Yes, those were the days my friend.....and now we're all turning 60!!! The class of 69 has met once again and what a fun reunion it was. This is  my second one ( there have been 3) and it was great to see everyone, and great to even add a few new faces. Ah..... the memories that we have had together, and what a great time over a delicious dinner!! Here are a few photos....
One of several great decorations....this reunion committee is awesome!!
Girlfriends...from even junior high days
Me,Pat,Judy,Judi and Vicki


Gerald and Pat....doesn't she look like a sweet high school girl

Me and my favorite classmate...Greg ( eh Miss Purdy)

One of our great organisers ( Dave) with Mr.Sutherland ...yes...a teacher....he started
the year before we graduated!!!

Gerald and Judi ( you're still gorgeous J)

Janet, Elaine and Gladys

Pat and Esther ( Jr.High friends too!!)

The whole gang

Greg, Cathy and Liz

Me,Peter and Mike

Esther and Mollie

Thanks to the great committee who brings us together...sure hope we continue to add on more members!!!
This weekend was also cardmaking  time with my creative daughters and friends. I really enjoy learning from them all. Saturday was my Temple time and that was wonderful.
We had a workers devotional after and I didn't think that the day could get any better!! BUT IT DID.
The guest speaker was unable to attend ( at the very last moment) and so we heard from the Robinsons, Veinots and Websters.....and words really can't express the powerful spirit that spoke through these special individuals. It certainly reaffirmed in my heart and mind that God works through others.
Each of them spoke, quite simply, just to me and I was so edified by their thoughts. The devotional had an absolutely divine choir of angels.....and then the whole thing was capped off with a healthy hearty buffet.
Sunday completed the weekend with a great sacrament meeting, lots to do in the library, and then a super lesson in Relief Society on obedience....willingly or unwillingly...what makes the difference. Great spiritual feast indeed. I spent the afternoon alone, getting dinner ready for Kathy and my Fab five. All was good there...with some fun checker games, and one crazy game of trouble. The kiddies and I also made a visit to Aunt May with dinner.....so all in all a great day.
Indeed...those were the days my Friend!!
I'm glad they never end
I am counting my blessings!

1 comment:

  1. SO FUN!! I was able to go to my mom's *40th* reunion with her!! So great!! (It was the first one she went to... and it was a crack up!)

    ReplyDelete