Saturday, June 25, 2011

Life is..................

Well dear blog....life continues to be full to overflowing.....and for this I know I am grateful...just sometimes tooo busy and tired to write about it. I am really trying to get a few routines going better in my life. I have been doing much better with my morning and evening prayers, and really enjoying my scripture reading times...once again. I am trying to work on either sewing or my cards more, and in between....read some good books, visit with my senior friends/family, enjoy my grand children, help my children....and oh so much more. I've been to a high school  reunion ( did I write about that yet???), an amazing Temple workers gathering, attended a very special Temple sealing, work with my ELLA supremes, started walking more...with my ipod, also some biking.....and here are a few of my recent favorite photos....

Who said to let go Mom!!! help!!!

my five fabulous monkeys

my little monkeys at the prom with Mom and dad.....oh how they are growing

and yes another prom night with the folks!!!

love this photo....hanging out at the park!!!

attempting some doll clothes...lots of fun

and a jacket

we're all still missing Laura...lots

my easel card!!!

I love sock monkeys

a doll skirt...matched a skirt Jessica made at school

my reversible aprons have been fun to make...

So that's the busy-ness of the past few weeks.
I'm also still on a journey to find some peace in my heart. I'm looking for something that seems so out of my reach these days. I can't really write about it but it is on my mind all the time. Part of it involves the ability to communicate and feel that you are understood.

Today, on the way to the Temple ( oh how I love going to the Temple) I was listening to some old Michael MacLean. The words of one song ( a song about Joseph the carpenter, husband of Mary) said I was not his father, he was mine.....really moved me to think about being the parent of Jesus Christ and what that must have been like. Then I thought about how hard it would have been to have your son crucified.....this led me to think about my own dear children. I just want to say that
         I love my children so very very much!!!
 I hurt with them, I celebrate with them, I laugh with them....and I especially love watching them grow...to the the fine adults/parents that they are. I am so honored to be their Mom...and some days I wish that i could go back and have them little all over again. ( just some days)
I love sharing pictures of them, and celebrating who they are!!
It's also the icing on the cake to have my beautiful grandkiddies!!
I love their beautiful hugs,holding their hands, pushing them on the swings,making them cookies and doll clothes, snuggling a sleepy baby, and oh the joy of reading story together.

What's ahead.....I think about places that I'd like to visit....things that I'd like to learn to do....maybe back to knitting someday...more grandchildren.....one more wedding....peace in my heart.
All for now....I am very blessed!!

2 comments:

  1. You are a doll Jackie! So inspiring!! I am so lucky to have a sweet Hali mommy like you! :) Thank you!

    PS.. I love Michael McClean.. :) So great!

    ReplyDelete