Sunday, November 24, 2013

Memory Loss

I think that I'm going to need to carry a notebook...because I had a grand thought during Sacrament and for the life of me....it's gone !! The theme of the meetings was Homes of Holiness. The talks were all very well done. I remember feeling...guilty for not having done a better job, angry that each speaker related family success to Mom's efforts, and holding myself down from saying listen up young couples....FOLLOW THE PROPHET....family prayer, scripture study and FHE....and don't make mom do it all...you are a team....apply some priesthood power!!!
Maybe my grand thought was....wow I was blessed with some amazing children....despite their mom's short comings.

Sunday school followed....and I only got to stay for a few minutes....so no comment here.( substitute teacher) I had a Temple Recommend interview with Bro.Driskoll and that went well and I appreciate time to talk with him. Relief Society followed with a good lesson from Sharon Hartling. ( I even got to direct my Sacrament thoughts to young mothers)

After church I decided that I needed to do some visiting....what a good idea.
First stop was Aunt May who tried to convince me that she was 102...not 101. I learned about her flirty boyfriend from decades ago....his last name was May....and once again I romanced with her about her courtship with Uncle  Harold. Aunt May...I love you...and I will miss you.
Second stop...the Hartlings...love that couple !! They are such a together team.
Third stop Cathy Zinck....such a special lady.
Home to an empty house.....a delightful call from Marguerite....some reading and a needed nap.

Last week of November...be good to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment