Friday, November 8, 2013

Loving my little town

 
Today I've been composing my post while I walked the Halifax Waterfront. Now anyone who knows me knows that shopping is one of my least favorite things. It takes a lot to put me in shopping mode. So a few weeks ago, my sweet Laura asked me if I would purchase a Christmas ornament for her. That shouldn't be too difficult.....right!!! I thought, check out  Jennifer's of Nova Scotia and that should solve that one. My problem however is making decisions so I sent them some photos for Laura to decide.....which wasn`t easy for her either. She finally picked one. Guess that should end that post...but oh not....I knew it wasn`t really what she wanted so I said....I`ll check out the market. Well the market is best visited on Saturday ( my Temple day) so having heard that it`s opened on Friday I set out there today ( not nearly as good as Saturday...and no ornaments)
So most would have gone home but I had this ornament stuck in my head....so I headed to downtown Halifax.....and while I still don`t have an ornament
( NO ONE IS TO ASK ME TO SHOP AGAIN...I love you Laura)
What happened however was that I had a wonderful walk, and once more appreciated my little town ( city)...it`s just so charming....and oh the harbour.....and I even found some ornaments for Laura to check out. So having said all of this.....here are ornaments and my town.
One shop owner told me I should return next week, after Remembrance Day when Christmas things will be more available.
 
 
 

 

 


 

 


 

 

The above ornaments came from Jennifer`s of Nova Scotia

Here is my downtown walk




 


 


 


 


 


 
More ornaments


 

 


 

 


 

 


 

 


 

 

 


 

 




 
 These little angels are made with beach glass
Not an ornament...but cute


 


 


 


 

Met the nicest lady in this little shop



 

 



Love the hanging wreaths and old buildings

 


 
 
    Next to clouds, I love photographing leaves....especially red ones, and in autumn
After the waterfront walk I headed to Point Pleasant Park.

 


 








 




 


 





I could see ships on the horizon


 

 
 
A beautiful morning in Halifax.
 
Later

3 comments: