Thursday, May 16, 2013

A picture is worth so much.

Yes....I'm reposting from Laura's blog...but she is the photographer extraordinaire!!!


 The following is proof of this.... Karen's birthday photo wall...isn't this the coolest

so many wonderful photos.....so much fun!!!

Now speaking of photos....today I received a reminder that we have two more special birthdays this month. There were two beautiful photos with it that I just MUST post...




Look who is turning 12!!
JESSICA MARY
Isn't she gorgeous!! She is a delightful young lady, active in the school band ( flute) and recently started archery at school. She took a babysitting course on her school winter break, and now is an official babysitter.
She's great at facetiming with me, which I totally LOVE !! We have lots of fun together, even online.
She's already planning events for my summer visit!!


SIX...YES, SIX ALREADY!!!
GEORGIA MARIE
Her mom says that she's six going on sixteen. Poppy calls her Princess Fruitcake. She's just pure delight to me. She's confident, carefree, and just lots of fun to be with. She has a delightful imagination, and she loves animals.
She's such a beautiful little girl.

I am one very blessed woman. I have such wonderful people in my life. My life still has its challenges, most of my own doing. I have enjoyed having Laura and Jeremy with us. Always interesting to see your child in the next phase of their life...for Laura ...marriage.
I am also constantly missing having Kathy and her family here. I was very spoiled to have them close by for so many years.
Love all of my children, and their families so much.

*************************************

PS....you know that my blog lives through Laura's these days.....so here is the last note about Karen turning 30
quoting Laura
One more post about Karen's birthday. Here's a little glimpse at some of the decorations we had around the house: a guitar because Maria, the Captain and Leisel all play one in the movie; a bright copper kettle and a rose from the song "My Favorite Things"; a picnic basket from when they have a picnic in the hills while Captain Von Trapp is away; little food toppers with all the photos of things from the song "Do-Re-Mi"; photos from the movie were all around the house; music notes on the cupboards; sheets of music from the actual movie; an old Sound of Music record my parents owned; the banner for the food represented all of Karen's favorite foods as well as the song "My Favorite Things"; and a photo wall of the birthday girl and friends so we wouldn't think the party was for Julie Andrews.









 
Thanks again Laura....it was an awesome night. 

1 comment:

  1. It is evident how much you love your family... I think that is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete