Sunday, May 26, 2013

NEWFOUNDLAND ROCKS


Before I head to bed I am determined to finally get my post up about my latest visit to Francois Newfoundland. This place is dear to me because of my Durnford family roots. It is the home of my ancestry, and a Heaven on Earth...how I envision paradise. The people who live there are beautiful people, and I'm proud to be related to many of them.

Before I start posting photos....here are a few details. I travelled there with Laura and Jeremy. We drove to Sydney first and made some visits with friends of both Laura and Jeremy. We left by ferry at 11:45pm and arrived in Port Aux Basques at 6:30am. We travelled on a newer ferry, Blue Puttes, and it was a pleasant improvement from past ferries.

From Port Aux Basques we drove to Burgeo....about a 3 hour drive....and stopped first at Marg and Guy's home...Nancy, Marcy and Max visited us there and then we dropped over to see Frank and Lil ( enjoyed a lovely lunch with them) At around 2pm we boarded the coastal ferry for a 4 hour journey to Francois. We had one stop at Grey River. It was a beautiful day, but my tummy didn't handle the motion well....I'll say no more.

We arrived in Francois around 6 and were greeted by many on the wharf...then over to Aubrey and Bernice's for a lovely dinner....

Sydney with Sarah

very dear friends of Jeremy's...The Betts



Land ahoy!!

Our sleeping quarters

Early morning

Love and peace


Blue Puttes

almost there

Port aux Basques
 
 
Guy and Marg

Max Marcy and Nancy

Frank and Lil
 
heading down the coast

Grey River

Francois Harbour

Our store


this is a happy town

walkway to the graveyard

so much to see

Ancestors

View from the top!!!!
 
Henry,Aubrey,Bernice and Heather.....no I didn't try to frame their faces
The JACQUELYN S

HARDY SAILORS



ENJOYING THE RIDE

 
 
OUR NEW CAPTAIN
LOVE THIS PHOTO
 
CHALEUR....Francois summer homes......so beautiful

Jeremy rows us ashore

checking out the cabin

HEADING BACK TO FRANCOIS

CAPTAIN HENRY

SHORELINE

PRETTY IN THE FOG
WARMING UP

ANOTHER FAVORITE PHOTO

FRANCOIS SHORELINE...NOTE THE WELCOME SIGN

PHOTO FROM OUR WINDOW

OH SO PRETTY

OH SO BEAUTIFUL
HELLO KITTY

HATED TO LEAVE

LOOKING UP TO CHARLIE'S HEAD

OUR COASTAL FERRY





DELIVERING SUPPLIES BACK IN GREY RIVER

VISITING WITH BEAUTIFUL BERTHA IN PORT AUX BASQUES
99 YEARS YOUNG

 
Finished with one of  my favorite photos....so glad that I got to share Francois with one of my children....regret that I didn't get them all there when they were younger....
 
Thank you to our family in Newfoundland.....we will be back!!!!



 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment