Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Moving right along....

I'm having one of those 'got to finish it 'nights and while the energy is kind of there, I will add another post. I'm happy to say that I did get the quilt that I'm making sandwiched tonight and that was a huge accomplishment.

Back to the blog....so after our way too short a visit in Newfoundland we headed for the Cabot Trail. I must say that I was somewhat reluctant since the fog banks had followed us home from Newfoundland. Fog, and some rain just don't make for many highlights on this amazing part of Cape Breton. However I started on the trail and there was no turning back. I'm now very thankful that we didn't by-pass it as the sun greeted us half way around, and even the fog gave for some picturesque sights. I'll let the photos tell the tale.







The best photographer


The other best photographer...love this pose if I do say so myself!!!
There's our road

Watched this fog bank roll in

 




A must stop!!!
The very best chowder ever


I could have licked the bowl....it was amazing

Music makers...lots of fun



I tried

 

loved sharing this trip with them

 

The crazy things that I do


Two Du(r)nfords

silly smiles...they were making fun of me!!!


And there she is


 

Three fine fellows


Aren't they cute

 


Love her

 


 

 
At the end of the trail we made a quick visit to the beautiful town of Mabou to visit with Dianne and Bill. Some how we neglected to photograph this stop. They took us on a little tour of the area and showed us where they were moving to within the next few days...so lovely.
From there it was a few more hours of driving , then home sweet home.
So glad that we made this trip...two of the prettiest places in the Maritimes.
Thanks for the adventure, kids

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures and yes they are a cute couple;-)

    ReplyDelete