Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday Reflections



I have so much to catch up with on my blog, but it will have to wait. Instead I want to record a reflection from my day. Today I had a lesson to teach on the Plan of Salvation/Happiness/Redemption/Mercy/Joy/Love.......I'm staying with Happiness.
The plan of Happiness is indeed just that....happy...and it all leads to a happier place...eternity. I think that the lesson went well, but here's what happened special for me in teaching it. I felt impressed to begin with the words from the song....I am a Child of God.

     I am a child of God,
     And He has sent me here,
     Has given me an earthly home,
     With Parents kind and dear,
     Lead me, Guide me, walk beside me,
     Help me find the way,
     Teach Me all that I must do,
     To Live with Him someday

This is why we have the Plan of Happiness....to find our way home.

I also found this quote that I really loved....From Pres. Boyd K Packer

“There are three parts to the plan. You are in the second or the middle part, the one in which you will be tested by temptation, by trials, perhaps by tragedy. …
“Remember this! The line ‘And they all lived happily ever after’ is never written into the second act [of a play]. That line belongs in the third act, when the mysteries are solved and everything is put right. …
“Until you have a broad perspective of the eternal nature of [the plan], you won’t make much sense out of the inequities in life. Some are born with so little and others with so much. Some are born in poverty, with handicaps, with pain, with suffering. Some experience premature death, even innocent children. There are the brutal, unforgiving forces of nature and the brutality of man to man. We have seen a lot of that recently.
“Do not suppose that God willfully causes that which, for His own purposes, he permits. When you know the plan and the purpose of it all, even these things will manifest a loving Father in Heaven” (The Play and the Plan [satellite broadcast, 7 May 1995], 1–2).

No comments:

Post a Comment