Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My cup overfloweth

Probably a corny title for this post but....it's late and that's what I was feeling. WOW have my minutes, hours and days been full. Let's see..where to start....
Tuesday.the 8th....pre-op day with Laura...surgery the next day

Wednesday surgery, didn't want to leave her that night .

Thursday brought her home ...very swelled up and sore. Mike, Keah, and the girls in town for one year checkup ( a very good checkup) Kathy and the gang joined us for dinner...full house.

Friday running here there and everywhere, plus tending to Laura.

Saturday, Emmy and Finley'd first birthday gathering in Bridgewater. Grand celebration!!!

Sunday church, followed by dinner prep. and return on Mike Keah and girls.(Karen joined us for that meal)

Monday....had Finley to myself for the morning while Emmy went for an extra checkup on some clots. All clear in that area which makes us all smile. Mike and Keah off on a movie date and we had a fun evening with both girls.( even got Finley to bed down in my room for the night.....trying to share the nighttime duties) girls are teething, and not sleeping as well.

Tuesday...  off to Costco, Old Navy and Michaels with Mike Keah and girls. Lots to do in the in between minutes...Cooper's birthday and family gathering early Tues. evening. Georgia and Cooper came home with me for a sleepover, as Kathy had an early morning appt. for Jessica and her root canal.

Wednesday, spent early hours with my sleepover guests, then off to the Temple. A very special day there for my friends, Sharon and Bert Hartling. Ran ( drove ) from there to an eye appt. ( new glasses ordered) Dropped in to check on Aunt May, then home to collapse!!( actually to finish a really good read by Jodi Picolt)

Relaxing evening, making smoothies for Laura and I, working on hospital finger puppets, a little TV, phone time,tidied some cupboards and my craft room...(still looking for a pattern) Running out of steam....enjoy the few photos that I have a few minutes to post!

Need I say more.....no room in the cup!!



I must add...I have a very blessed life . An amazing family, extra beautiful grandchildren, terrific friends, and never a dull moment!!



                                                         Sweet dreams!!

PS...Laura reminded me that I should add that sweet Aunt May has been checking on her every day, plus we've( May and I) had some interesting chats regarding the 'nuclears' and disasters in Japan. A lot to take in when you're 98 years young. Nuclear powers were not in her circle of experience. Love my times with Aunt May. Thanks Laura.

2 comments:

  1. What a week! What a special time for you and the family...and the Hartlings too!!

    ReplyDelete