Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blueberries in my soul

I'm not sure quite where I'll go with my blog today but I do feel quite impressed to record. One of my best smiles this week came from a bowl of pureed blueberries, and adorable Emmy and Finley. Keah has done a great job making all of the girls food. They are delightful eaters! Yesterday, before I headed back to Halifax, I stayed to help with the lunch feed. The girls had blueberries for dessert and the pictures say it all....I haven't enjoyed laughing as much in a long time.



Emmy checking things out with her fist...


                                                      She really did eat her bowl full.


Will the stain ever come off!!


She even reached the back of her head with it!!


<><><><><><> 
I do clean up pretty good...thanks for the treat Mommy
It took a bit more to clean me up.....blue from head to toe!! almost

Now, having shared that, if I could add one other smile it would be Cooper playing in flour...Kathy posted the video on FB....but I'm still abit challenged to post videos. But looking what I did....after posting the block with no pictures...I figured it out and made a successful edit. Here is my darling Cooper



having a ball




                                                     He needs a sandbox!! Video is priceless!!

Now back to some more random thoughts. I went to Bridgewater on Monday and didn't return until Wednesday. It was a great visit and a time for me to clear my head. It's been pulling me down a bit lately, and while I didn't really resolve some things I did come to the conclusion that to gain more peace in my life I have to live that way ( peacefully)....I may talk less about things, separate myself from things that feel negative, have some alone time, and look for truths that will strengthen me and allow me to continue in my quest.

Today I was back in the pool shortly after 8am...I have set a goal to swim at least 1km. each swim....that's 20 lengths...and then I either water run...or just swim a few extra. I'm really no great swimmer, but it gets me in a peaceful place for my head. I think a lot, and organize my day in my head.
Added to my usual things I was thinking today about a talk that I have been asked to give in April. The topic is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. This is a huge topic, but it is a wonderful assignment. I find myself very focused on seeing where this plays out in my life, and the discovery is enlightening. I've been especially drawn to the topic of forgiveness, as the Atonement is so all about that. That's a hard one for me, forgiveness, especially when I think that I have been wronged, and why should I have to be forgiving, if it wasn't my fault. I know that I have much to learn on this topic....any comments about it are appreciated.

As I drove from the pool to Weight Watcher meeting, I drove by some signs that indicated that there was road construction ahead. It said that fines double in construction zones, that we would lose a lane, etc.....then all of a sudden it said....construction ends....without seeing one worker. So why write about this...I don't know...I just thought about how I anticipated something, the signs were all there, I even adjusted my speed, but nothing!! Don't we often have a lot of anticipation in our lives....then nothing.  I just kept driving, no worse for all the anticipation.

Speaking of Weight watchers....despite some bumps in my week ( those french pastries) I managed to lose another 2.6 lbs. for a total now of 12.6lbs. I'm glad that I have got back on that bandwagon.

Random book thought....I was given the book Annabel for my birthday. Not my favorite read, but the topic intrigues me. It is about a baby born with both gender  traits.. I won't go into the story, but it is apparently based on a true story. The question that troubles me, is why would Heavenly Father allow such a creation?

I think that I have rambled on enough for now. I want to make a card today. ( my newest attempt at talents hidden within!!) If  it works I may post again.
Thanks for checking in on me.




1 comment:

  1. I saw a documentary on people like that before...can't remember the technical term for them. However there are many things that 'go wrong' in development so I guess this is just one of those. Glad you had a great time with those cute twins!

    ReplyDelete