Sunday, March 20, 2011

Charity Never Faileth

Just got in from a great morning of church. Karen was one of the speakers and she did an amazing job. She is just such a talented young lady and I'm proud that she is my daughter. She spoke about Charity Never Faileth and she used quotes from Nov2010 Ensign by Pres. Monson, plus a blog story ( that her sister used in a talk a while back) and she tied them all together so well. The RS Choir sang too today and it was beautiful. Ellisa Fenton did a solo and what a powerful spirit comes through her voice. Adam Thompson also spoke and I love listening to him. He is such a humble man, and his talk was almost the icing on the cake.

The icing actually came in RS, when I got to teach the lesson. The regular teacher called me at 7am, very sick with the flu and asked me to cover for her. I won't mention all the turmoil that this put in my head...just need to say that I'm glad that I did it, and grateful that she asked. ( sorry that she had to be sick) The subject was Charity....so how could you say no...plus I VT her!! Glad that I taught....you know who always learnes the most!

I have adopted a new favorite scripture this week...it comes from Philippians4:13....go look it up. It is so true, and it enabled me to teach today.

I actually just want to write about the Savior today. As much as I haven't met him, I do believe that He exists. I love to read of Him and to see pictures that depict Him. He really is such an amazing example of the kind of person that I wish I was. I love seeing Him with children, and that's probably why I love being with children so much. He always looks so happy with them....and I've come to know that feeling so well. He is really someone that I feel like I have met in so many ways. When I am about his work I almost feel Him beside me.As overwhelming as the task often seems, I do hope that I can develop the 'pure love of Christ'....it is the greatest virtue.

I love being a mother too. I have such wonderful children. They make me so proud, and grateful for the way they have grown. As difficult as it is to see them grow and become adults, and of course leave us, I am very confident in each of them. They have made many wise choices, and they strive to follow the Savior. That gives me such a peace of mind. A mother couldn't ask for much more...now could she!

My heart is full of gratitude today for the abundance of blessings in my life. Besides my children, I am married to a good man who loves me deeply. I had the best parents, and I have very special siblings!! I live in a peaceful country, and there is a beautiful blue sky outside my window today. I can walk safely in my neighborhood, and I have so many opportunities to see the world. I could go on and on.

Lastly, one last lesson that I learned yesterday. As I entered the Temple I was greeted by Brother Webster. I am really getting to know him better since he was called to the Temple Presidency. He has a delightful sense of humor, but I also sense a deep wisdom comes behind that sweet smile. As I entered yesterday he greeted me, asking me how I was. I answered 'Great....I'm here at the Temple....guaranteed to be a great day!' He then looked at me and said...not necessarily....whoa!!!! how so......he said if you have the right attitude...then it will be great.....so true.....it so very much comes back to the attitude that we carry with us.

Your attitude DOES determine your altitude. ( a favorite quote from my friend Sharon)....she also says....'Fake it 'til you make it!!'

I do believe that we all fake some things to make it through the bumps of life....but when we fine tune our attitude...all things are possible.

That's all for now.....make sure that you read Philippians 4:13.....pg.1492

No comments:

Post a Comment