Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Guaranteed Good Day

Isn't it nice to know that even before you step out of bed, you're guaranteed a good day. That's what happens to me on Saturdays. I rise early, gather my lunch, and Temple bag and head across the bridge to volunteer at our Temple. I have been doing this for almost four years, and I'm NEVER disappointed. It just doesn't happen. WHY...you may ask?

Well, the Temple is the Lord's House here on earth. When you walk through the doors, it almost feels like you step into a little taste of Heaven. Everything is in order, clean, and so welcoming. That is especially true of anyone else that works there. It's like a reunion every week with your dearest friends.

I work there from 8am to about 3pm....and the time flies by. The purpose of the Temple is to perform saving ordinances for our family, and to gain further knowledge that we will need after this life. I won't go into details because much of what happens at the Temple is very sacred.....sacred not secret. We believe that our families are eternal, and that through the restored knowledge that we now have....our Families can be Forever. It has brought me great joy to know that my wonderful family  are mine forever. It is also good to know that my ancestors are apart of that eternal link.

In the past ten years Temples have been built in many parts of the world. ( I've lost count...probably close to 150 now) Our church leaders, our prophet wants us to be a Temple going people, because of the great importance of this work.

Within the walls of this great structure the Spirit is so very strong. It reaffirms in me the knowledge that I firmly believe....That we have a Heavenly Father who loves us dearly. We are his children. That we once lived with Him, and that we chose to take this journey here on earth. Coming here was essential in our learning and eternal progression. But HERE is not all that there is....oh no, this is just a short time in our existence. We came here, our lives unfolded....but this is just the beginning.

How do I know this? I know this because God answers prayers, and He answered mine. In these latter days, He once again returned the authority to act in His name. He restored His Priesthood and He provided us with modern revelation through living prophets once again. As a child I always liked to read about Biblical prophets and I questioned many times why we stopped having prophets on the earth. I question that no more, because I have received my own personal witness that prophets are once again on the earth. That means so much to me. The Lord speaks through the prophet, even Thomas S. Monson, and has directed this great work through others before Him.

I am full of gratitude tonight as I write. Yes, this was a guaranteed good day...really it was an awesome day!!
No matter what tests, or trials show up after my work in the Temple, I am all the better prepared to handle them. As an old friend once said...I will still burn my toast!.......Life won't always be perfect....but that's the direction that I strive to focus on.

The answers are there for everyone....you just have to ask.

Looking forward to Sunday.....another winner of a day!!

PS....On the topic of winners....I am also grateful to have had more success in my weight loss goals. I lost another 2.6lbs, and I'm feeling so much better, and in control. I'm grateful for those who encourage me.

No comments:

Post a Comment