Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Been Busy

So the title tells the tale. I really thought that when I retired I would get bored once in awhile.Well it's been four years and no bored yet!!! Seems like there is always something waiting for me. So lately I've had fun visiting dentists with Laura, baking some new weight watcher recipes, making cards ( myself and with the card club), reading some great books, increasing my activity levels....at the pool...1000 M twice  a week, 1500 M three other days, I've ventured into the fitness room a few times, and I use the stationary bike here at home. ( gone over 200km).
I visit teach my three special sisters, and I look in on Aunt May ( frequently).I spend time with grandchildren as much as I'm able...celebrated birthdays for Finley, Emmy and Cooper with Jacob just around the corner.
Do my church callings, and I even taught a Relief Society Lesson last weekend. I continue to volunteer at the Temple, which I love love love!! I do lots of other little things in between, cleaning, laundry...you know the usual.

I am looking forward to a week in Maine in early April...with Sharon and Linda. I may want to just sleep through the first few days!!! May will follow with Laura's graduation and a trip to Florida with Bill and the Nelson crew. Looking forward to these adventures....Cinderella meets Georgia....a moment to treasure. Of course in the middle of all of that will be the O'Hearon birthdays....34-32-28 and 22!!! Look like good lottery numbers!! Are my children really getting that old!

Last note of the day....the phone rang and I some how got side tracked. I had a great chat with Sharon. Earlier in the day I had a call from Bert telling me that he missed me at the Temple today. That call has been a long time in the making but ever so worth it. Praying for the day when my man returns to the Temple!

As I said...I was side tracked and ended up making the following cards before I remembered my blog!! Oh dear...good think that I retired...can't imagine a day in the classroom again!! I am enjoying  card making....extends my creative juices a bit! I took pictures to remember the latest cards. Blue ones are from last week's lesson with Kathy and the girls. Green ones are from tonight. I'm also posting a before and after of Sarah....she bravely had four baby teeth removed today. She had to be put to sleep to do this and I have never seen baby teeth with roots like these ones. Hope Kathy took a picture of the teeth.( she's still quite frozen in the second one....made tasting some ice cream tricky) All for now...my bike awaits!!









PS...I had a SUPER visit with my friend Jessica and she gave my head a whole new look ( cut) and color. She pampered my eyebrows and has me feeling great. Thanks sweet girl!!!
Also continuing with WW and down about 13 lbs. feels good!!

2 comments:

  1. wow you are busy!! I'm bummed I missed the end of your RS lesson...I thought Karington was crying and once she saw me that was it, there was no escaping! You're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cards look great......thanks for helping out with the kids......made my day a little easier and they love seeing you!!!

    ReplyDelete