Sunday, April 14, 2013

Saturday + Sunday= Wonderful

As I posted my title ( sometimes a hard decision ) I thought....yes it was wonderful. I could complain about a few things....but they really don't matter in the scheme of things. I still dressed spring like, despite the blah weather !! ....ooops...that sounds a bit like a complaint about the dreary weather.

It is quiet once again in my day, I could get used to more quiet moments....and I want to write about my Sunday, so far. I've been a little confused today....For some reason I thought that it was May, and today was fast Sunday. That certainly is ridiculous, since Laura would be here if it was May. Whatever...I began the day fasting, and until I read the program at church and realized that we had speakers....I was in that mode.

Okay...confusion aside, Sacrament was really good today. Katherine C spoke first, and that girl could just stand there and smile and you'd feel good. The theme for today was following the Savior...and she chose to interpret this message through a Primary song. It was beautiful and spoke to all ages, especially the children. Greg W. spoke next and that man is one wise man. I liked when he said if we study our scriptures, Ensigns, lesson manuals, etc. our testimony will remain in tact. That is so true. If only we could do the simple things that we are asked to do. he also emphasized the need to attend our meetings, the Temple, sustaining our Bishopric, Loving each other, HT/VT, priesthood, and endurance.....these all draw us closer to being Christ like
We had a spectacular musical number from Helene Farland, and Christy Hodder...flute and violin with Chris on the piano....warranted applause !!! ( I did it in my heart!
David E. spoke last....using phrases like describing himself past his best before date....His focus was on the word JOY.....if we seek Joy we will be as the Savior.....I liked when he said that his visits to the Temple always upgraded him...that babies enter the world crying because they don't want to leave Heaven....and not to worry we all fall short....just seek JOY.

Gosh I write silly notes....but the essence is that each talk spoke to my spirit and I was edified. I then had to teach Sunday school...The Law of Consecration. I totally feel inadequate to teach this class, but the Lord holds me up there and I teach. There was lots of participation today, so that felt good. While we are not asked to live this Law fully we should be living in such a way that it will not be difficult to live when we are asked.....here are four points that came from the lesson

Realize that everything that we have belongs to the Lord
Make the sacrifices the Lord requires now
Develop Christ like love for others
Strive to consecrate all aspects of our lives to the Lord

That's a good to-do list...and I felt good teaching this lesson after all.
Relief Society ended the morning and I love being in that room with these wonderful women.
Tricia M. taught today and she is so adorable when she teaches...so down to earth!!! Great lesson on
finding the sunshine in our trials!!!

I left church and had a sweet visit with Aunt May, always appreciated by her, and always uplifted by her humility

Today is good....I'm grateful to get of the treadmills of my life and just fill my spiritual glasses....they are full. Thank you

1 comment:

  1. It was all lovely today, I am glad I could come today :)

    ReplyDelete