Saturday, April 13, 2013

PEACE is available

                                

I have found some quiet today, and I feel impressed to write a few words.
Of course Saturdays are such a gift to me, as I usually can be found at the Temple. I love serving in this Holy House. Within the walls of our Temples one can find a pure peace and be renewed with hope, and the love of the Savior. Today was just that. I attended two endowment sessions and it was such an enlightening time. One of those sessions was extra special as I served with my cousin Bill. How I love seeing him there and hearing his sweet Newfoundland accent offering prayers to the Lord. I must always add that the People at the Temple are ALL so kind and loving. It is truly the happiest place on earth....and such a beautiful glimpse into Heaven.

I have also been still feeling the reflections of last week's General Conference. We are truly blessed to once again having prophets, apostles, seers and revelators on the earth once again. While this world wide conference only comes twice during the year, it feeds the soul with goodness to get one through the next six months. Here are some special things that I noted....thank goodness that this can all be reread, listened to....online ( lds.org) and in our monthly Ensign.
-two new Temples announced.....Cedar City Utah and Rio de Janerio
-65,634 missionaries in the field, with 20,000 to come, 6000 presently being processes...way to go youth and older couples!!!!
-58 new missions

- loved Boyd. K. Packers poem on aging....gave me some perspective

-Elaine S.Dalton....What ere thou art
                                Act well thou part
   she spoke to me and who I am as a woman

-Craig A. Cardon...the Lord recognizes our righteous Efforts

-Russell M.Ballard....the vision of  the many creations of the Lord....galaxies more than we can truly fathom

-Henry B.Eyring.....calling on the Lord/ drawing closer to Him

-Richard G.Scott....Having Christ Centered Homes....one of many who referenced the good and bad of technology...what if we read a scripture verse every time that we texted

-Quinton L.Cook....Doctrines of Peace....very powerful

-Stanley G.Ellis....we are not spiritual orphans

-David Bednar....LAW OF CHASTITY...this talk was so powerful....should be read over and over again.....creation our most divine attribute

-Russell M Nelson....Catch the wave....missionary service

-Jeffrey R.Holland....God always has to work with imperfect people....Deal with it.
 be patient, kind forgiving. Don't be afraid to ask for help!!! Belief is a precious thing. Belief is    always the first step.

-Dallin H. Oakes.....Rescue and Serve

-E. Falabella....In order to contend you need 2 people. I will not be one of them
 a child who sings is a happy child
Temple....live the scriptures...love the Book of Mormon and the Savior

-D.Todd Christofferson...Christ the REDEEMER. We, in following Christ serve to redeem others for him.

-Pres. Utchtdorf....darkness and light...How to find the light
      1. start where you are
      2. turn your heart toward the Lord
      3. walk in the light
  Darkness cannot exist in the presence of light
 I am the light of the world
 Darkness cannot succeed
Such an amazing, spiritual man of God....loved this talk!

-Neil Anderson.....We are witnesses of Daniels prophecy. The stone shall roll forth. The Savior invites us to Come and See

-Rosemary Wixom......How we speak to children....Disconnect to reconnect.
( strong voice  about Technology)  25 words or less....what would you write
Loved this talk so much.....every parent/adult needs to read this.

-L.Whitney Clayton...awesome talk....WATCH AND LEARN...such powerful direction on marriage
 Commandments are not a buffet. Quality of our marriage is a gift from us to him.

-L.Tom Perry...VERY VERY strong words and warning. Strong words about the 10 commandments !!!!Wickedness NEVER was happiness!!!
God and his commandments and his promised blessings are unchanging.
Stand Morally Strong

-Pres.Thomas S.Monson....OBEDIENCE
  story of the fire in Vivian park...lessons learned
To obey is better than sacrifice
Obedience is first law in Heaven
Truth and light received as we keep the commandments
This man is a prophet of God

These are but a few notes of the most uplifting and spiritual conference. So many spoke to ME...yet they are for all in the world. While millions viewed these....how I wish that many more could receive this wisdom and truth.

I will close by bearing my witness that the Lord is teaching us through many wonderful leaders in the church. These are the last days. The church has been restored as the Savior would have it. The Temple is our link to eternal life with our Heavenly parents. Jesus Christ walked on this earth and gave of his life so that we could live. He is our Savior and our Redeemer. I am so deeply grateful for his Atonement for Me and you. I believe that we are led by living prophets and apostles once again. How deeply grateful I am for this knowledge and testimony. Joseph Smith is the prophet of the restoration, the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, we are a blessed people. God lives and loves me.

 

 
I should not forget to add that after a sweet three hour nap...my sweet husband took me out tonight for Chinese. It was delicious and they gave us soooooo much....Sunday cooking all done!!
Thanks Bill....appreciate all of your thoughtfulness and patience with me.

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me Jackie... I continually want to work on bettering myself :-D

    ReplyDelete