Monday, December 31, 2012

William Michael


love this happy little boy!!!



  I have a son, a wonderful son. I love him and I always know that he loves me. He hugs me, he kisses me, and he says...'love you Mom'

give me five serious little guy!!!


His proud daddy
love you
 

  Michael is my first born. ( my second pregnancy) so extra special when one fears miscarriage early in the years of marriage and motherhood. He was born on April 26th 1977, six days after I finished teaching for the year. He was a breech birth, and consequently the first of four sections.


my chunky monkey

Michael, named William Michael for a long line of Williams in both of our families...can be easily summed up as a gentle caring child. He was quiet, and happy go lucky. Three sisters did bring out some stubbornness as he worked to deal with them. He loves his sisters, although he'll forever remind me that he did want a brother.....three brother-in-laws was the best we could do.

sisters rock!!


I owe him two other apologies, sort of. First for giving him a sister on his second birthday. I wonder if it would have been okay if it had been a brother. Second, and heaven knows I've apologized enough for this....our enthusiastic Michael Jordan fan asked for a trip to Chicago when he was probably 11 or 12. being the fun parents  that we are we got a travel agent friend to make us a fake ticket....I'm sorry that it wasn't real Michael.....I hope that you'll forgive us before we die.
Your very own birthday!!!!

I'm sorry...best I could do with that wish!!


Michael set the bar for sports in the family....a great basketball player and soccer star. To this day he plays basketball when ever he can, and as a teacher he has volunteered many hours to coach both sports.
He did well in school with a great passion for English literature. However after a two year church mission in France he returned home to complete an education degree in French. He now teaches core french  at the Junior High/ high school level. He can often be found working on his eternal novel.
love this missionary photo...Samual the Lamenite


Proud of my missionary

Michael....you are a wonderful man. You are an example to so many young people. I remember as a teen having a conversation with you about peer pressure. Many of your friends were trying alcohol, drugs and when I asked you how you handled these temptations you quite simply answered...Mom, I always want to be in control of myself. Those people are giving up that choice.
When your mind is made up...you don't waver.

I have to speak to you as a husband and dad. First, thank you for the sweetest daughter-in-law. I love her as a daughter. She is perfect for you, and I love the love that you openly show to her. Treasure her Michael. Make her your top priority, and listen to her as your equal in being the parents that you have become. Fatherhood makes you glow and that is so visible in your little girls. They have changed you deeply, and they will bring you more joy and blessings than you will ever be able to handle.
Also treasure your priesthood...it is a gift from your Heavenly Father and a power to bless you and your family.

I love you deeply Michael for the gentle loving son that you have been to me. Your most important roles are as a husband and a dad. You have witnessed miracles, and you have felt the spirit direct your life. This is also how you raise your family, with unconditional love !
So grateful to call you my son.

More favorite photos....

Favorite cousin, Annie
Buddies
Love of his life
So saucy...and so cute
engaged
the lovely couple!!!
Hardest day for daddy
so proud of you
Miracles in our hands
Beautiful family
love my sweet clown 

2 comments:

  1. I love how you write with so much love about your children... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty easy to do !!! Love them more than words really say!

      Delete