Sunday, December 30, 2012

Kathryn Leigh



Christmas 1978 and here I cuddle my almost two year old,Michael while pregnant with his birthday present Kathryn Leigh. Gosh I do look so young ! Yes this is Kathryn's turn and indeed she was Michael's birthday present. Even though I was scheduled to have yet another c-section Kathryn had different plans and she commenced labor pains in the early hours of April 26 1979...her brother's second birthday.

He was certainly smitten with her, as were Bill and I . As years unfolded he did become quite vocal that I certainly had ruined his birthday forever. I said it would give him practice for when he'd have twins!!! ( a mother knows) You were perfect in all ways ( even if your beautiful curls took years to grow! )

Kathy was a delightful addition to our small family and with her came years of laughter, and good times. I'm realizing as I write how lucky I've been to have the happy babies that I have had and Kathy was no exception. She was a busy, happy baby....loved attention...and often stole the show from her shy big brother.

my adorable clowns
 
happy happy happy
 
the Family Four

 
 
Kathy is living the life that I dreamed about. She nurtured her biggest loves in life...children and cooking. She did her share of babysitting while growing up, and was a real people person with any of her part time jobs. Undecided at the end of high school she followed her interests in the kitchen and studied to be a chef.....and a natural she was. Not long after she dated and married her eternal mate, Jeff...and motherhood naturally followed soon after. She has been able to be a stay at home Mom and is a talented creative mom at that. She's balanced much more than some and has five beautiful perfect children to show from this.


young love
  
My First Beautiful bride




My first pregnant child
Kathy grew up following the sports of our family choice...soccer and basketball and she was a star with both. ( Must have mom's genes) She studied piano ( as her siblings) but she developed a more natural passion to play. I am so proud when I've seen and heard her play at church and other places. She has been a wonderful big sister to her younger sisters,and this will give her help with raising her three daughters and two sons.
Too cute to be a nasty witch
seeing eye to eye with Jimney C

First dollhouse...built by Grandad D
 
Loving her cousins
 
Yes we shared some cakes...pink soccer field/basketball court !!
she never complained
 
super big sister and even babysitter sometimes

Yes Kathy, as my oldest daughter I couldn't ask for more fun in a baby daughter, and a big sister. You are a very accomplished woman in my eyes. As I said you are living my dream to be with your children,and to be raising them in the gospel. As much as this is the toughest professional, it is by far the most honorable and eternally rewarding. You may not be rich to the things of the world but you have the most precious treasure in your beautiful Fab Five. As we grow older we more deeply come to see the value of our families. Love them with all your heart and you will abound in limitless blessings as you age. I know this with all of my heart and soul
 

Love these five so dearly!!!!

Michael did get a special gift on his birthday, as did I
Christmas on the stairs

 
Sisters...my beautiful daughters
PS   love this giggle
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your blog posts!
    Thanks, jackie!

    I will be starting a new "craft" blog in January, hopefully I can keep that one up!?

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri.... Just get to figure out the photo problem

      Delete
    2. Thanks Terri.... Just get to figure out the photo problem

      Delete
  2. I love hearing about your children, Kathy really does smile a lot and a very beautiful smile she has:)

    ReplyDelete