Saturday, December 29, 2012

Karen Elizabeth

Good morning again,

   It's a beautiful sunny Saturday morning. I would normally be at the Temple but this permanent cough that arrived just before Christmas has curtailed a few events of my past ten days...including  my Christmas. Won't go there. Before I start my Karen chronicles I will thank Laura for updating my family pictures for me. Much appreciated.
  Now as I begin to write my next chapter on my children I will thank Karen for organizing me. She is sooooo so good...no... better than good....amazing at coming here and purging and organizing. She arrived this morning and did some magic to my basement. I'm excited for my next garbage day to arrive!!
   This is just one of Karen's many talents and it's because she has vision!! She sees potential and she sees what needs to be done!
     Karen has been a teacher to many children long before her university training. She had such an imagination as a young girl. She could play with any of her toys for hours, especially her Barbies. Of course she had to have a teacher Barbie. A huge leap in her imagination was to organize the summer fun club...I'm not sure if she was 10 or 11 when she started but organize she did..
always the photographer
The summer fun club was for kiddies in the neighborhood....kids loved it and parents did too. I can't begin to describe what they did but it was a summer school extraordinaire. They even designed t-shirts one year. I believe that she did it for two if not three years. By popular demand!!

Karen is third in our family, and the middle of the three girls. As she grew older she often emphasized her place in the family....ah my 'middle child' She was born on May 6th  1983...and Michael cried to hear that he had yet another sister. It didn't take him long to love her dearly!!!

welcoming baby sister Laura
Karen is now a mother of one of the happiest babies around. In many ways that's how I remember her as a baby and a toddler
happy happy happy
 
Little Olivia
 
excited and happy
 
She says that I wasn't the best with hairstyles and clothes and maybethat was her insentive to always look amazing. I did my best and I still uphold that she was adorable.
 
love those eyes
 
modelling a suit made by Nanny Durnford

Karen followed her older siblings and excelled on the soccer fields and on the basketball courts. My worst summer of soccer was when the coach made Karen his goalie. She wasn't too thrilled with the decision but this little team player was an amazing goalie. She made sure that it was only for one season. She played with many great groups of girls, but one group stuck together into high school, and her Dad stuck with them too as coach.

Karen had lots of friends through her  growing years with sports, church and school. To this day she meets with her elementary school buddies quite frequently, and enjoys as many of them start families together.

her very best friend....she still has him

loving their aunt and uncle
 Besides being an awesome first time Mom, Karen excells as a teacher. While still in the classroom as a substitute she is in high demand. Many principals would love to snatch her up!!
lesson plan??? loved her journals

Karen is a hard working girl. She shone in school,she held part time jobs through high school and university and with each of these gained a wonderful reputation for being the person everyone enjoyed being with, and always calling friend. She is also an adored aunt KaKa and is so dear to her nieces and nephews
Karen married Brandon Bing, and they completed their Education degrees together.

 
A fabulous bride
 
 Thank you Karen for being the little princess that you are...with such a love for life, and always ready to find the good in others. Thank you for developing your natural talents to work with children...you have blessed many already. Thank you for being someone that listens, you don't realize how much you have helped me in these past years. I'm grateful to be the mom of such a beautiful person, inside and out.  Love you Mom
 
roller skater

pianist

beloved auntie


believer

Karen and Brandon Bing

 
A few more cuddles




1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful Jackie, I feel all of this when Karen teaches in Relief Society, I always feel like she is prepared and she always smiles:)

    ReplyDelete