Friday, December 28, 2012

Laura Beth's turn

 
To start my day,I want to tell Laura that I love her. No matter how deep in sleep I am, if she needs me she texts. I'm not sharing this to encourage any readers to text me in the middle of the night but I'm grateful for the smiles that my little night owl brings to me.
I love each of my children. I DO NOT have a favorite, but I have many favorite things about each of them. I'm going to write about Laura today. Laura inspires me to blog. She's an amazing blogger and it makes me feel closer to her when I read her daily posts. Laura is my youngest child. There are twelve years between Laura and Michael (my oldest). She was his last hope for a brother. She has two older sisters, with six years between her and Karen. I miscarried a child before Laura was born. It wasn't my first miscarriage ( one before Michael), but it was my most difficult. I won't dwell on the loss but at the time I felt that I would have no more children, and yet I yearned to have number four.I was in my late thirties and very disappointed. So come the fall of that year, when I realized that I was once again pregnant I was over the moon. I was also very nervous that I would miscarry. May 2,,1989 was a very happy day for us all, even Michael.I was teaching part time when Laura arrived and it was wonderful to have more time with all of my children, especially a new baby. ( My teaching partner even passed out pink bubble gum cigars) Shortly after Laura started school I was even able to transfer to her school, and by third grade I was her teacher. It was a very busy family time with four children. Laura was often dragged from one event to another, pushed in a carriage in her early weeks!! Sports were a constant in our family and she melted into the mould with great precision!! By the time that she was reaching her own star spots on the basketball courts and soccer fields, the others were less involved. I loved watching her play, especially basketball. Despite hard knocks ( I'll never forget the game at St.Pats Alexander) she was tough and she excelled
Jr.High memories
My number 10
go auntie



End of a huge Era

Our MVP
 
All of my children  brought wonderful friends to our home. It was always my wish that my children would want to bring their friends home, and they honored this wish well. Laura was no exception, and she had friends that continue to be dear to her despite the miles. No matter in what circle of her life she gathered friends....sports, school, neighborhood,church and so much more
friends forever
I journeyed near and far with some of these groups..... games, fund raising, parties, and even to a rock concert. Coldplay was amazing and so were the nine teens and two other moms that I travelled with.
Laura tested me, frustrated me, exhausted me, and made me a better mother.She made me look for answers that the others never did,and she taught me of patience and the refiners fire.
Laura chose her own road at school, and excelled. The only sad part is that her job took her away.
Mind you her heart also has moved her around this continent. I experienced young love with her at fourteen ( too early) ahhh Alex, smoothies, and late drives home.But then years later comes this western boy....but that's another story ( check out Laura's blog)
Love you two
 
In closing I chose to write about Laura today because she gives me something that is very dear to me. While she has certainly brought lots of drama to my life, she also brings a unique spirit to me. She values her church membership, and she lives her beliefs.
I loved going to the Temple with her in August of this year. She was like many new people,overwhelmed but she opened her heart to the teachings and she received the witness of the truth of the Temple teachings. She continues to return there often and has made this an important beginning in her marriage.
Love you sweet Laura

PS...keep finding fun photos of you...this one tickled my heart today

 
WOW....I really do need more Laura photos....here goes in no special orders...a few of my favorites
 
A little attitude ????
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
are we seeing a hair theme here????
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
oh so tiny!!!!
Big and little!!!
 
who would have thought????
In Washington.....
 
reflections
 
 
Beautiful silhouette
 
 
all for now...love you
 

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful post, I have written about both my daughters... totally different from each other but I love them both equally for different reasons. Children are a blessing even with the challenges ;)

    ReplyDelete