Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 4th

It's been a long day, and maybe I should head to bed ,rather than write. Somehow I feel impressed tho' to post so I'll post. I'm not sure that the day was really that much longer, but I just don't seem to be handling it well. I'm feeling weary and alone. I cry and I'm not sure why. I'm not in a good place and none of this makes sense.

Today I worked at the Temple. It was the usual peace and calm of my week. I worked with some very dear friends, and I felt good while I was there. I left the building, and it was like a cloud fell over me. Oh, how depressing the world can be. Everybody rushes around, people get short with each other, and peace is so hard to find.

One bright thing tho' was my stop to visit with Aunt May. I have been so clearly blessed to serve her. When I went in her toasty warm house I called out for her. I am always afraid that she won't answer. ( She is 98 yrs. young) Today I found her in the kitchen, hands covered in dough making pork buns.( a Newfie treat) She had a bit too much dough for her small pan and so she sent me looking for a tiny pie plate. It took me a few looks before I found what she wanted and when I asked her where she got the cute little pie pan...she answered...I've had those for 100 years. I looked at her and said...you're lieing to me....you're only 98!!! You have to know that she'd never lie.....she's one of the most honest people that I know. We laughed and hugged together. Before I left she asked me to get her to the bank next week to get her affairs in order before she dies. That kind of hit me in a tender spot, and I've been thinking about how much I will miss her. She's a dear lady!!

Last thought before I move on....tomorrow is my 35th wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary to me! Maybe I'll reflect more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary tomorrow! Hope whatever is bothering you works itself out. Cheer up, my friend. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete