Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Just had to share a short post. Two more flat tires today...couldn't believe my eyes. I let Bill handle this one.

My short post is to say thanks Dad. Every time that we got our Christmas tree ( we got ours today) I remember waiting for Dad to put on the lights. Nothing else happened until those lights were on!! After 35 years, I still can't get Bill to carry on the father tradition so tonight I put the lights on...now it's ready to be decorated. Thanks Daddy....I sure do miss you and Mom...more and more every day. I also remember waiting for Dad to get up on Christmas morning before we could open any presents.So many wonderful memories with my folks and family on Berlin St. A favorite is the snowy Christmas eve when Santa walked up our street. I still remember the look of fear on younger brother Glenn's face. He flew to bed.

Thinking of these things helps me appreciate even more our family traditions. Decorating the tree,( I do the lights)Christmas Eve at the live Nativity, family picture on the staircase, special Christmas breakfast-before gift opening,relaxing and enjoying chatter with family throughout the day, dinner at Kathy's, playing games, visiting at Nanny Logans, talking to family on the phone....and much more.

Happy December....and pray for no flat tires!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment