Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Be calm my soul

I want to get better at this. So here I am.

Today I have been touched, at several times, by some things that have made me feel very angry. Well, we all have those moments and this is how I am going to deal with it.



My happy thoughts......

1. I love having good chats with my children.

2. I love hearing 'I love you'

3. I love how sweet Cooper runs to me and hugs my knees.

4. I love the gentle hugs of Jacob and the giggles from Georgia.

5. I adore how grownup Sarah and Jessica are becoming...loved my sleepover with them this month.

6. I enjoy a good book...and my girls point me to many of them. To the Rescue (Tremendous), Safe Haven, JayHawk, The Peacegiver ( amazing read)

7. I love babies....and I have so many in my life.

8. I love the preciousness of Emmy and Finley......and the miracles that they are.

9. I love reading to Emmy and Finley, just to watch their faces.

10. I had fun with my sewing friends....even if my machine acted uptoday.

11. I have a passion for the swimming pool...even on my lazy days....it is such a great escape for me.

12. Then there is the Temple....I do leave the world behind when I visit this Holy place. What a blessing...wish to be there with my children and husband.

13. I have the cutest physiotherapist...and he has made me feel so much better these days.

14. I love older people...they make me feel good ( and young) and they have so much wisdom. Aunt May, I love you....she makes me feel so good.

15. I am grateful for challenges....they make me stronger.

16. I love music.

17. I love that Michael kisses me and tells me that he loves me....lots!!

18. I love that Kathy is such a great shopper and she helps me so much. She is a very clever lady and a wonderful Mom.

19. Speaking of Kathy...did I mention that she has made me feel included with card making ( even if I am a bit slow) thanks.

20. I am excited for Karen and all of her teaching experiences..she is an amazing teacher...and I love how thoughtful she is to me. she's a great listener

21. Laura is such a strength to me at home. I love her blog, and her Mom and daughter chats...I want her to find happiness soon! She deserves it.

22. I have a good husband....even when he makes me crazy..we have been married 35 years this week...where did the time go!! Love you Bill

23. I have many special friends...I learn from them, I feel support from them...I am grateful.

24.I was born into a wonderful family and I'm grateful for their love and examples. I had the BEST parents. Miss you Mom and Dad. Appreciate your parents while you can!

25. I will be eternally grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how it has blessed my life and made life make sense.



Now, I could go on and on....count YOUR blessings....name them one by one....and you will feel better. I do.

Goodnight and I will return.

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!!

    You were not slow AT ALL!! You even were able to help out Shelly. So glad you could come and thanks for dropping off Shelly, too!

    I agree with the appreciating of parents while they are here... especially mothers... they are awesome and I wished I had realized that before Mom got really sick. I did squish as much love as I could in the last couple of years. ;-) We can miss our Moms together. Moms are the best EVER! (Remember that for yourself too)

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally with Terri about moms. You know I am missing my mom this week and wishing she lived closer. You, however, are the best Maritime Momma I have ever had. Thanks for being there for my family. Happy Anniversary =)

    ReplyDelete