Sunday, February 24, 2013

What a week....it's never dull!!

I will never use the word boring or dull to describe my life! NEVER! I'm not really sure what I would need to do to reach the boring stage....probably break both legs and be chained to my bed. No that wouldn't work....I could read read read...and blog blog blog....and lots more!!

Okay enough of my rambling. This week wasn't really anything out of the ordinary....but here's some of my fun.
  • lots of fun times with Olivia
  • some great face times with my Saskatchewan lovelies
  • helped with some packing for a house move
  • card making...birthdays and some occasion cards*
  • visits with Aunt May*
  • Birthday visits with my sisters
  • furniture moving
  • playtime with Emmy and Finley...a surprise visit
  • two trips to the Temple...always so uplifting
  • dinner out with my husband
  • more family time with my brother Glenn
  • welcomed a new baby, Madelyn Drew, to my niece Jane, and Andrew
  • worked on my quilt renovation*
  • finished a baby quilt
  • finished two birthday pillowcases
  • worked on my Sunday school lesson, good scripture time*
  • read a good book...on going
  • great texts with Laura
  • quick trip to the Apple store
  • chatted with a sweet old (99) cousin of my Dad in Newfoundland
  • worked on some new slippers
  • meet Tilly...the Vinsons new dog...with a Mormon connection!!
and that was just on Monday....just kidding....I have so many wonderful people in my life. I am daily blessed with their thoughtfulness and care.
Some of the things that I did,with a * beside them, were from my 26 to 63 list. (previous post). I'm glad that I wrote this list because it has made me focus on some things that have been on my' love to do' list!!!
Welcome Madelyn Drew....and Happy Birthday Jane
A favorite game...where's the baby!!!
This was so funny...and he stayed there for more than 20 min
How did he get off of my jammies???

birthday pillow cases
adorable Tilly
McD with Miss O

 
 
 
 
Love our book time!!!
 
Cards for all occasions
 
Renovations to my very first quilt...and still one of my favorites
 
 
love rearranging furniture
 
Dad's sweet cousin Bertha...hope to see her in May !!
 
Love knitting cosy slippers.
 
So that's a little peek into my crazy life. I do count my blessings often....and oh....forgot  a great quote from this week...
I love quotes
 
 
Last  thought....I taught a lesson on the restoration of the priesthood today.I felt very underqualified to teach this lesson and  I don't feel that I did a very good job...but it did strengthen my testimony of God's love for us to trust us with the authority to act in his name...and to have such an important force on the earth once again. I feel so deeply grateful for the priesthood on the earth, and wish that I had an active priesthood holder in my home. I know that I must be patient and I'll say no more.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jackie, your life is NOT dull... you are a busy lady. I have finally taken time to read a book... I did it in one day, it was great. Awesome testimony at the end, thanks for sharing;)

    ReplyDelete