Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My life is soooooo good.....

Yikes...I'm so behind in writing my blog!! February has been off to a busy start. I mentioned Laura coming for a visit, and with that came family gatherings, fun game nights, an unbirthday party, a huge snow storm,my birthday,  too much food, lots of photo taking, fun sleepovers, lots of laughter, and sad 'so longs'....and I'm sure lots more.

family gatherings....Mike and Keah and the girls came on Friday and stayed until Sunday; plus Karen, Olivia and Brandon were here as much as possible. Aunt Penny dropped by, and other relatives called in.  ( the weather kind of messed things here)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


fun game nights.....we played lots and lots of Dutch Blitz, and the Settlers of Catan. Both games are so much fun and the DB game was a new one that Laura brought home. She has introduced me to some real favorites!! Sarah and Stephen came several nights to join the family fun, and Nicolle also got introduced to DB


 
                                      




unbirthday party....everyone needs an unbirthday and young Olivia had her first while Laura was here. Her real birthday was Dec24th and we held a big celebration on that day....but because most of the O'Hearons and Brandon were sick and , or away....Laura organized this event. We had balloons,party favors, party hats, pizza and cake....oh and lots of fun. Thanks Auntie for a fun party


 
 
 
 

huge snow storm.....a noreaster ( or whatever  it was called) was talked about for days on the weather networks, and for the most part it was what they said. Snow started Friday night and pretty much shut down the city for the weekend....Even though it did interfere with several events ( and Karen not being able to be here for my birthday) and meant abit of shovelling ( thanks Laura, Mike and Bill)
It was nice to be snug inside just enjoying time together.

 
 


my birthday.....so much love and greetings came my way on that very stormy day...wow I am so very blessed. I received some lovely, thoughtful gifts, had a delicious dinner cooked and created by Laura....chicken pesto with spaghetti squash...apple cheesecake by Keah and ice cream cake from Bill...and lots of fun game time.....and a precious video from my Fab five. ( very teary moment...I love and miss them so much) 
                                       THANKS EVERYONE !


too much food.....I'll say no more

lots of photo taking....what more would you expect...Laura and Karen together taking photos...wish I could post them all!!!


 
 
 
 
 



fun sleepovers.....we get creative with the beds when the gang is here...however this time we learned that our Emmy and Finley, now so grown up...have out grown their cribs and my port-a-cribs...so on their second night here they had a futon sleepover with nanny...oh my goodness they are soooooo cute!!! we watched The Little Mermaid and slept sideways on the futon. Finley missed her mommy half way through the night, but Emmy slept all night...and dreamt about Olivia...calling out Olie, Olie in her sleep.

lots of laughter........so good for the soul.

 
 


        and so much more.....I love my family so much



 
 

 
 
                                             

2 comments:

  1. Looked like such a great time and some really fabulous pictures!!
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a lovely family Jackie... I always enjoy reading your blog... it makes me smile:)

    ReplyDelete