Monday, February 18, 2013

26 before 63

 
Laura is an amazing daughter, and a phenomenal blogger.
She has inspired me often and her latest post has inspired me to write this post.
She will be turning 24 in a few months and she posted 23 things that she will do before her 24th.
Now I certainly could try to come up with 62 before my 63...but being creative I thought that 26 ( reversed 62) would work......so here goes. In no special order.
1. Publish my next blog book
2. Write a grandma letter to each of my grandkiddies
3. Visit Sask.and Alberta
4. Go to General Conference
5. Walk more-twice a week
6. Visit an old friend
7. Hold a card making night
8. Fix my bedroom quilt
9. Make my bed as soon as I get up.
10. Purge more of the basement
11. Purchase a game of Dutch Blitz
12. Ride my bike more regularly
13. Bake a gluten free apple cheese cake
14. Pay more attention to my garden
15. Study my scriptures more prayerfully
16. Create some sets of occasion cards.
17. Post a blog about my siblings
18. Compliment others more often
19. Go to Newfoundland
20. Visit another Temple
21  Bare my Testimony
22.  Read 8 new books
23. Knit more slippers
24. Paint the deck
25. Finish a smocked dress
26.  Blog more often...at least twice a week
 
 
I know that some of these are similar to yours Laura...they were great ideas.
Thank again, Laura for your good example and your inspiration.
 
Now....this is a random thought that has nothing to do with the above post. Yesterday we had some great talks in Sacrament and this particular thought has stayed with me....just paraphrasing....
 
Foolish people find the flaws in others and try to change them.
Wise people find the flaws in themselves and change themselves.
 
I also liked the lesson that Karen taught in Relief Society ( she's such a great teacher) and this was a quote that I liked
 
We should endeavor, as far as possible, to forget all worldly matters which grieve and vex us, and fix our minds upon the Lord, having a sufficiency of His Holy Spirit that we may be enabled to receive such knowledge and suggestions as will help us in our onward path.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I think you're a pretty great inspiration yourself. You inspire me! I admire you a great deal. I bet you'll reach all 26 of your goals and then some before your next birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK! You will definitely achieve those goals!
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Jackie... I had wanted to do one for when I turn 50 but I decided to do one when I am 50 and choose maybe 10 things I would like to accomplish.

    You are pretty amazing to me Jackie:)

    ReplyDelete