Monday, February 18, 2013

Julia Maude Durnford Haas

 
Dear Oldest Sister...this post is for you.
Happy Birthday....you just get younger looking with every year.
Today I feel impressed to blog about you. You are indeed my oldest sister, although people often don't believe that about you. You really should have given me some of your youthful tricks because you do seem to have stopped aging. As a little girl though I always knew that you were way older than me. You did all those things that as a little girl I dreamed about.....went to dances,dated, wore makeup, had lots of nice clothes, had a real job.....just had everything at your fingertips. Then you moved away from us and you became my Californian sister who kissed movie stars, had a golden tan from your beach adventures, and then even brought home a Californian man!!! Oh he was so charming, and handsome...you know that your little sister had a crush!!

Those were some early memories of how I looked up to you. Our most special bond was your visit in Dec.1970 when you planted seeds of the gospel in my heart. Little did I realize how much that visit would change my life for the better forever. Thank you dear sister for sharing this precious gift with me.

Julie is an amazing lady. She not only was a strength in my family as we grew up , going out to work as a support when our mother was ill. She didn't get the options that the rest of us had.....but she followed our fathers direction and was working, very successfully in the business world as a secretary. As many years have unfolded...Julie is also an amazing mother ( of seven), a phenomenal teacher...seminary,primary, Relief Society, Sunday School, Young Woman's and anywhere else that she was called to serve. She has worked at a variety of jobs, but always shines brightest as a mother, wife, sister and friend. I am very grateful to call her my sister and I love her dearly.

We have had many adventures together...but one of the most fun just happened when we visited Disney World together with our husbands. I once again saw the greatness of my sister, as she let lose and embraced the kid fun of Disney.....even going on some crazy rides with me, so I wouldn't be scared!!! She is so patient, and tender with her sweet husband, as he battles his health issues. Julie you are such a powerful example in my life. Thank you. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment