Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Report from the front line

So folks...how was your day....mine was very full,productive,frustrating,rewarding,fun,sunshiny,long,reflective,and overwhelming...to name a few adjectives. I had the whole day with Cooper and Georgia, as the school kiddies had skipping club.
I didn't really plan it but once Cooper went down for a nap I hit Jess and Sarah's room. I was really in an organizing mood and Georgia played along with me and we had a very productive morning. After lunch and a visit with Poppy we hit the road, and of course the playground. Once all of the kiddies were dismissed we headed home, had a surprise visit from my sweet sister Julie ( she came to give me a break...even tho' she had been working all day herself!!! what a girl) All of a sudden I realized that the girls' brownie activity was sooner than I thought. I ran into overdrive....heated a nice baked bean dinner that Charlotte had brought over and tried to get every one moving. It was like five new kids arrived and no one would cooperate. It had nothing to do with the menu, as they all loved the delicious beans...they just wouldn't stop talk talking and carrying-on......I threatened to cancel the brownie outing to Build -a-Bear and even that didn't seem to work....I know I should have started to pray!! With some patience which must have come from on high...we made it through it and into the van. Jake and georgia had a fun visit with Nanny Logan ( Gr.Grandma and energy bunny!!) and I headed to the mall with the brownies and Cooper. Dropping of the girls, I had a whole hour to myself, with Cooper. He decided to try to lay sideways in the stroller and no matter what I did he'd laugh and reposition himself....what a character..I then returned to BAB and the girls were glowing with excitement. Not only did they have their new creations...a bear and a frog...but they received an additional $5.00 gift card each for selling the most brownie cookies. With a dip in Nanny's purse they of course bought two cute little dresses and we headed home. After a quick stop to get J and G, and some swings on Nanny's swing set we made it home. Bedtime snack, and scripture time then up to bed. But then the phone rang and it was Kathy wanting to skype the kiddies.........did that settle them for the night?? They were cute. After signing off Miss G. started to cry because she hadn't said good bye to Mommy.....thank goodness that I'm so computer quick!!! hahha...but I did actually get her and all ended well. I was going to colapse and watch some TV...but the computer called, and I'm also challenged by the Tv set here.....so there you have it...does my cup overflow.....you better believe it. I missed seeing Emmy and Finley today.

and so the sun sets on another day away from home.

2 comments:

  1. You are a super nanny......hope that you'll talk to us after we get home!!! It's reassuring knowing the kids are in safe hands and having fun.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course I'll talk to you...it is a precious honour to be the grandmother to these five beautiful children....I'm afraid that they might not want to talk to me when you come home!!!

    ReplyDelete