Thursday, May 13, 2010

Grandma'sTen Day adventure

I really do wish that I was better at getting to this blog...so here goes...I'm at Kathy and Jeff's for the next ten days and I'm going to blog each day!!! So here goes today. I actually began the day in Halifax. I skipped my swim ( which I hate to miss) but opted for some extra sleep!! Then I went to the church to run off the bulletin...and I kept on running. Next stop was the hospital to have a few minutes with Emmy and Finley. Keah had them out together and they were precious. Trish, one of our wonderful nurses had them snuggled up together...and they loved it. Trish also convinced Keah to head home for the night...and she finally agreed. I think that it will do her a world of good.

Then I headed to the Nelsons, and after a teary good bye ( Kathy crying) the party began. We all sat down in the living room and chatted about what each of the kiddies want to do while Nanny was here.....playground, visit to Dalplex, maybe a Hfx sleepover, and then sweet Georgia says...are you going to be my pretend Mom!!!! I love her. I said 'no' I'm your Nanny but I can be your pretend Mom too!!!

After a fun taco dinner, and kitchen cleanup we headed to the playground. I stayed as long as I could push swings, then we headed home. We had a dog encounter on the way down the hill and anyone who knows Jessica and Sarah know that that wasn't pretty!!! After I got the owner to take his dog in, we made it home. Then we had scripture story and learn a verse time. Next on the list...clean bedrooms...that will be an ongoing tale for the week...but boy do these guys love to vaccum!!! I had to find extra places for everyone to get a turn. The two little ones had a bath, and then after a bedtime bagel , and family prayer that part of my day ended. Kathy called to check in and all sounds well with them!!!

I'm really glad that she gets this break and I hope that it is everything that she needs. She's a terrific Mom and she has the greatest kids. I will be taking photos each day...and they will follow later.

Writing this reminds me of what a very lucky Mom I am. It is so rewarding to see your own children as parents....and to have the joy of grandchildren. Stay tuned and I'll hopefully share again tomorrow. Better head to bed soon....I know tomorrow will be fun!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your week runs smoothly! If you need to run errands or want to visit the twins feel free to bring them over here for a bit. Ethan and Karington would love to play with their cousins!

    ReplyDelete