Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wednesday already

Why do my days seem to be flying by....please feel free to answer!!
We're already into the third month of the year. It is already planning to be a busy month. I've had a good couple of days since I last wrote. Yesterday I was on my own and so I started the day with a refreshing walk to Dalplex, and then a great swim. I even had energy left to walk back home. It was a nice day for walking. Once I returned home I kind of let the day do its own thing. I did some reading, made some more cards, ran some errands, visited with Aunt May, out to lunch with Bill, worked on my blog book, a little housework....and I'm sure a few other odd things.

Today began with one of those delightful middle of the night phone calls...Laura loves to chat with me while she walks to her car. What a kid!!! Oh I do love her. She had been busy with a fun visit with the Nelsons for the past few days so it was great to catch up. She really does startle me with these calls.

After a few more hours sleep, I got up to greet Miss Olivia. She's such a delightful little toddler ( have I ever said that before??) She plays, toddles around the kitchen, eats her breakfast, then when I say...time for a nap...she shakes her head yes...and kind of says yup! She then has a sweet nap of 2-3 hours. She generally wakes up quite happy....plays some more....eats some lunch...then either play or some out doors, then back for another shorter nap. She delights to have her poppy talk to her....and she giggles with delight when she hears his footsteps on the stairs...giggles, shakes, and grabs me!!

So my routine is a bit different with Olivia here. I try to get lots done while she sleeps...dishes, laundry....the usual...but I also make time for scripture reading...and lately I've been doing lots of card making.

Speaking of scriptures...this weeks lesson is centered around D&C 25...a passage written to Emma Smith. It's an interesting section....and I'm excited to teach it this week. This section is one that we can liken to in all of our homes.
The section has three themes
1. Husbands and wives should support and comfort each other.
2. We should be meek and avoid pride.
3. We should rejoice and be of good cheer.

I wondered how Emma felt receiving a revelation from the Lord through her husband. She was a pretty amazing woman/wife. I read some interesting quotes and facts about her that were very impressive. There is some great wisdom in this scripture...and we are reminded in the last verse that this is for us all. We are also reminded of the words taught in 1 Nephi 19:23...where we are taught to liken all scriptures unto us...THAT IT MIGHT BE FOR OUR PROFIT AND LEARNING!!!

Two quotes that I read and really liked were counsel from the Prophet Joseph Smith....great ones to strengthen our marriages....

The Prophet Joseph Smith taught wives that they should treat their husbands “with mildness and affection. When a man is borne down with trouble, when he is perplexed with care and difficulty, if he can meet a smile instead of an argument or a murmur—if he can meet with mildness, it will calm down his soul and soothe his feelings”

The Prophet taught husbands, “It is the duty of a husband to love, cherish, and nourish his wife, and cleave unto her and none else; he ought to honor her as himself, and he ought to regard her feelings with tenderness”

There is so much for us to learn from the scriptures. Read them!!!!

Before I sign off...I'm going to post a few photos. One of them is off a wedding dress...mine...and I was excited to find it today. I had packed it away and had started to think that I had given it away. I have to post it...just to remember...almost 38 years old.
All for now....have a great week.

A bit wrinkled,old and yellowed like the bride
Love making these cards

So long...Be kind to one another

1 comment:

  1. Time does fly by way too fast.

    It's nice that you found your wedding dress so you can have a picture of it:)

    ReplyDelete