Monday, January 2, 2012

Merry Christmas Indeed

Dear Blog,

   I am very sorry that I have neglected you. I'll put it plain and simple....my days have been full!!! Today I wrote  down my 'to do' list and I included you and even though it is late I will post !!
   It is January 2nd but December was full of excitement. Besides being the wonderful Christmas Season we got an additional blessing in the arrival of Olivia Mary Bing. on Christmas Eve at 9pm.. (8lbs...22 in)She came to us after a full day of travel!! Her Mommy, Karen called me at about 6:45am to see what I was doing. I would usually be still asleep...but happened to be awake and reading. Karen's water had broken and she was home alone ( Brandon was at work) I quickly headed her way and the trip had begun. After a full day of labour, and some great strength by Momma Karen...Olivia made it here. Once again, watching one of my daughters deliver this sweet little child was something that no words could describe adequately...I was so proud of her, and once again in awe of this great process of creation.
Olivia stole our hearts instantly. Her eyes were wide open, and she sang a jubilant chorus!! Her sweet little nose captured my heart, as well as the curly blond hair!! It was wonderful to have Kathy and Laura ( via skype) in attendance, as well as Brandon ( of course) and his Mom!! What an extra special Christmas this has been.....it certainly made me reflective of the birth of our Savior so many years ago...and his sweet mother Mary!!

Christmas Day was certainly quiet compared to the Eve. It was our first Christmas in our empty nest and I will not moan about this...it's not a positive thought....lets just say the staircase was empty :(

But not for long.....Michael, Keah and the girlies soon arrived and we all headed to have Christmas celebrations at Kathy and Jeff's
Much better already!!!!

The children truly make Christmas wonderful.
We had a wonderful visit and dinner with Kathy, Jeff,the fab. five and the Camerons...and Mike, Keah and their beauties. Kathy and Jeff are such a great team in the kitchen and everything was soooooo delicious. See I really had no reason for moaning ( well I was really missing Laura!!!!!)

 


                                                         New dollies

( not my best photography....kind of slipped in that area)
Fab five enjoying gifts from Laura

Boxing Day followed with our traditional gathering at out home.Karen, Brandon and Olivia got to join us so it was a pretty happy gathering of aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.
Part two to follow tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment