Thursday, December 8, 2011

End of the day thoughts.....

I'm back at this once again this week. I've been extremely reflective lately and I find it helpful to write about such reflections. One thing that I reflect on is my spirituality. While I feel certain about many things, I find that I struggle so much with a few important things. Number one is my relationship with my scriptures. I do love them, and value the great wisdom and direction that they give to me....but....I am not consistent with my feasting on them.  I start each day like I'm in a race....the To Do List syndrome.....and the scripture reading gets lost in the dust. So here's what I did today. I told myself that I would not have any computer time until I had read from my scriptures. Result.....a  great experience with my scriptures. D..aaaa.ah....I knew that would happen....but folks I'm still working to make it as real as breathing.......I just needed to state this small step.

So I must say I enjoyed yesterday.....and I will be doing more of it. Just had to say that.

Today....crazy busy..but all good. I enjoyed going with Karen to her doctors appointment. I am getting very excited for baby Bing to arrive. Being pregnant agrees with Karen...she looks radiant!! Kathy did too....what a great joy it brings me to have these mother/grandmother experiences.

Then after a quick mall stop we headed to Kathy's to get Georgia and Cooper and to head to the big kids concert rehearsal. Even though it lacks the finishing touches of the 'real' concert I do enjoy it. It's certainly less crowded, and fun to be there with the little ones. I stayed over and watched G and C while the parents went to the night version. We had a fun evening....bath time, TV ( I almost fell asleep!!) then a great story time. How I love these kiddies!!!

Home by 9pm....it has been a long day. ( I forgot to mention that Kathy helped me color my hair too...between concerts!!)

Last reflection....Christmas.....I'm in my usual rut with this holiday. I live with the Grinch and he's been a damper most of the week. It doesn't help that he ignored our anniversary too this week..
There I said it.....most of any effort to create Christmas in my home comes through my efforts and lately I just feel like saying why bother. If it wasn't for the baby coming I would have nothing to look forward to. Then again...it's really all about a baby that we even hold this holiday. I'm glad that I attended some activities focused around that very thought. I will not let the Grinch ruin my Christmas.
I will rise above this one.

Sorry that's too much of a negative way to close...but I needed to put voice to my heart. Closing with another quote from my wall.....

        What's meant to be will always find its way.

1 comment:

  1. We are still having a great Christmas here with everyone so I think that besides a baby coming that their is a lot to look forward to!! Chin up and don't let the negatives win......not worth it......trust me....and I really appreciated the help on Thursday!!!!

    ReplyDelete