Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Quiet Reflections

It's a quiet evening, and I'm grand mothering with my fab five. Kathy and Jeff are gone to see a Jan Arden concert and all are asleep ( I think!! I'm never sure with Miss Georgia.) The Nelsons have a lovely TV system and we watched Toy Story tonight. It was a cute story...then after cleanup time ( bedrooms) and a snack...with delightful chitchat...it was time to get ready for bed. With all in their PJ's, each one picked a story for bedtime reading, family prayer was followed with tooth brushing, and then off they went. I really didn't expect to see all run so smoothly but hey I'm blogging...so they're off to sleep...oh I think that I hear Georgia again!!!



Back again.....my life hasn't anything too exciting to share....but it has been good. I'm back trying to shed those few pounds that keep returning and I'm trying to improve my daily exercise routine. I'm up to 90 min in the pool most days, and I've got hooked on pool running. I am also trying to sew more, mostly quilts and I am doing more reading and my family genealogy. In between all of those things, I do like to help people. I'm not going to write about this because I don't do it for recognition,but I have to say that when I'm serving others...be it family or friends my life is deeply blessed. I do enjoy some quiet times and lately I have tried to make sure that I make time for this. I try to spend more time at the Temple because there I find the sweetest peace ever.

Technology....now there is a subject to reflect on. Actually it's very amazing all that we have and how quickly it changes...I feel like I just got under the wire with some of this stuff and with others it just plain overwhelms this old brain. Then there are the young ones who simply feel that it's as natural as brushing their teeth. It totally puts me in awe of the whole phenomena. What will it be like in another 10 years? I do love many of the things that it does for us. As a kid and even now I've always been so fascinated with how things get invented.....like how do people create such amazing tools and technology for us. I always wanted to invent something.

By the way the kiddies are all asleep. Georgia was last.....she came down one last time to complain about Jacob's breathing...she said his noise was keeping her awake. She's so darned cute!!!! Kathy and Jeff should be along soon so I'll close for now. Before I do I'll ask one question.....anyone got any book recommendations?? Always looking for the next good read!!

1 comment:

  1. The Glass Castle by Jeanette Wells (or maybe it's Walls). Great book. You'll laugh and cry and sit there with your mouth hanging open in awe.

    ReplyDelete