Monday, February 8, 2010

My Hairy Adventure

Maybe this should be called...another first for Jackie ( how I lost my hair color virginity)!!! What an experience...ready for some smiles............


As I near the final year of this latest decade of my life, I grow more and more reflective on life and aging. Well that lead to my hairy adventure of today. I've been experiencing the beginning stages of gray hair. ( Actually I learned that it is really white hair; no such thing as gray) I've been feeling a need for a new hair look and had started to grow it a bit longer. A few weeks ago I struck up a conversation with a swimming friend, who I learned was a hair dresser by profession. She always has great looking hair. We were discussing my locks and she said ' I have just the thing for you. She works for a hair company called Matrix and they were coming to town to put on a show called 'Dream Age' for local hair stylists. They needed models and would I be interested. It was scheduled for the day before my Birthday...so I thought why not...so here are some photos with explanations...




The night before,kind of mousey brown with gray throughout....





Side view..............with more gray highlights.................then the color was introduced and some beautiful highlights ( my favorite part of the color)...next photo






This is my new color before the cut.




After the cut and style....





My wonderful cutter, Jillian ( all the way from BC)








This is Heidi...the color pro....she hails from Yarmouth!!! Lucky Yarmouth friends

Did I mention that my sister Julie also joined the team of models. Here is a photo of the two of us at the end of the day.





Thanks friends at Matrix!!


So everyone, tomorrow I celebrate another Birthday and with each year lately, I've come to appreciate many more things. I appreciate my good health, and this makeover was a fun way to improve my mental health. We need to do things for ourselves sometimes..I know this to be true!!! Tomorrow morning I am heading to the spa for a wonderful massage.

I'm also so very grateful for the wonderful life that I have had for the past 59 years!! Love the family that I was born into and the wonderful family that I was blessed to raise.I have a terrific husband who has been mine for almost 35 years!!

I have so many SUPER extended family and friends.Who needs presents?? NOT ME!!




































































4 comments:

  1. I love the new do! Welcome to the dark side. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new hair! Must have felt strange having a new colour after being a hair colour virgin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look. Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW your so brave! I've never had the nerve to do it. I suppose some day I'll have to bite the bullet.

    ReplyDelete