Tuesday, December 29, 2009

WHAT A WEEK......

What a week.......

I'm alone here in the house and I really should be making like the wonderful housekeeper that I'm not but as I passed the computer...I paused and here I am. Less than a week since my last post but what a week it has been. I feel so overwhelmed with gratitude for the outpouring of blessings in my life. How do I begin to describe this.....

I have been surrounded with family throughout Christmas.....my children, my siblings and extended family members, cousins from away and many friends. While sometimes this did get somewhat exhausting ( 40 here on Boxing Day) it has simply confirmed in me more the joy of my family, and the importance of that 'eternal' perspective. How deeply I love my family.Wish they could conceive how much!!!!
It is so exciting to see the twins growing in Keah and the joy that this brings to both Michael and Keah. They will be amazing parents. Kathy's dear family remind us of the joy that Christmas is to children....how I love her sweet family. Karen and Brandon have grown so much too and are more than ready to embark on their professions as teachers....they are both so gifted...creatively and academically...both making the Deans list!!! Laura...my baby Laura....she has added a whole new meaning to Christmas love by finding her eternal mate and accepting his marriage proposal ( it was a given that yes would be the answer) We have so enjoyed having Jeremy join our crazy family for Christmas....he's a very dear young man and this mom is excited for their future plans together. They are both so wise, practical, talented and glowing with Love for each other. Air travel points will take on a whole new meaning in this home....we'll accept any that people don't use!!! Also looking forward to meeting the rest of the Dunford family. Not to forget Bill...he has given so much of himself over Christmas and I do appreciate him for this. He has done some amazing cooking, lots of shopping and been such a great dad and grandpa.
Having shared just a peek into our Christmas ( check out the girls blogs) you can see that this Mama has much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to. Before I sign off .....to help my joy go beyond overflow...my dear friend Bert Hartling was baptized yesterday and it was an amazing service as so many gathered to welcome him into the church.....it has been a long journey for him....close to 40 years...but oh the Spirit that attended us yesterday was indescribable...and on that note I'll sign off.......I'd love to add photos but I need another blog tutorial...hint hint daughters....hope all is well with you all Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Christmas was great. Glad you made some good memories. And what a year you have a head of you! When is the wedding?

    Is this Sharon's husband that was baptized?? I saw lots of facebook posts about "Bert's baptism" but I didn't make the connection. How exciting. I cannot imagine how thrilled Sharon must be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jackie, as a mother and now a Lola, I certainly can understand your joy to some degree. I'm still going through teenagers so that kind of hampers my fully understanding, lol! Your family is what Christmas is all about and I'm glad I get to share bits and pieces of it with you all.

    ReplyDelete