Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Reflections

I was doing some dinner preparations, and decided it was time to take a wee break. First I thought that I should have a power snooze ( really need one), then I thought of a book that I'm trying to finish, then I passed the computer....a few emails later...no rest and no book. I am feeling somewhat reflective though and I'm not sure if I should write or not. You see, I'm feeling abit low and I'm having trouble getting past it. We've been admonished to create 'Homes of Holiness' and I'm having trouble doing this. I try to be peaceful, and thoughtful to those in my home. I even do without things the way that I'd like them, but still everyone gets so short with me. I feel like no one cares to hear how I feel. I always feel like I'm wrong.

There I expressed that...and I really dont want anyone analysing my state of mind...we all have our moments and I guess this one is mine.

Now from the other side of my moody mind....I am quite excited that my cousin in Nfld. was baptized on Friday. My sister Julie and hubby Bill attended and the pictures that she sent me were beautiful. My cousin, also Bill...has truly studied and pondered the gospel for some time...he was very active in the Anglican church, sang in two choirs...and takes this very seriously. His wife and daughter joined sometime ago. It was interesting to see that his Anglican choir came and sang in the program, and his Anglican minister attended.

I am also grateful to have spent Saturday the Temple. Oh how I love being in the Temple. There is just such a sweet peace there. I also have some dear friendships there with the people that I work with.

Today in Relief Society the Sister teaching ( one of my fav.teachers) taught from the recent conference issue. One of the stories that she shared made me really reflect on how blessed my life is....especially because of the Gospel. I feel so fortunate to have been one to have been prepared for the missionaries. Thank you Elder Peel and Elder Barker for being inspired to find me.

That's all for now. Hope if you read this you will reflect on how blessed you are, and that you will be mindful of others.

4 comments:

  1. I feel like I rarely get to attend all of a lesson...I tend to give up part way through depending on the kids behavour. I was so glad that I was there for that lesson, she's an amazing teacher and made me even more grateful for my two children no matter how hyper they get through church meetings!! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life! I loved our lesson today too! Too bad Hunter didn't get the memo:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thw whole point of blogging is to get the sad feelings out and get cheered up by your anonymous friends. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I tell you how much it means to me, your honesty. It makes me appreciate you all the more. We all have our moments, it's what makes us real and feel empathy.

    ReplyDelete