Monday, November 9, 2009

Our Beautiful Temple

I feel very impressed to write about our Temple. When I joined the church many many years ago no one really taught me much about the Temple. I considered going to the Temple to be married but a variety of circumstances, and my lack of understanding kept me from doing this. Shortly after Michael was born Bill and I made our way to Washington DC and had our marriage sealed, and our son sealed to us. This event became a seed in my understanding of the need for the Temple in my life and the life of my family. It was kind of like having the experience and then finding out what the experience was called.

Now, thirty-two years later I am in awe of the purposes of the Temple, and the great blessings that the Temple affords us all. I am able to attend the Temple every week, sometimes more. EVERYTIME that I attend, I learn something, or better still, I receive inspiration for my life. I have gained so much understanding for why I'm here, and where I'm going. When I study my scriptures they make so much more sense to me, and I value prayer so much more.

It took a long time for this to happen....I don't want others to have the same experience....I couldn't get back to the Temple very often....but my children don't have that problem. I know that many things do get in the way.....but I will suggest to them and anyone who reads this that setting Temple goals will bring many wonderful experiences for you. You can't get these once a year....or every six months....SET a routine time...once a month, every second week. One of my dreams/wishes is to attend the Temple with my children and husband on a regular basis. I also want us to do our geneology better. I don't know how to make this happen....but I needed to state this, to have it on record.

Our Temple was a beautiful gift that we were given here in the Maritimes. Some days that I work there the attendence is very low. That really breaks my heart. The Temple can give you the peace that you seek in your life. There are millions who wait for us to come to the Temple.
I know that the Temple is the best choice that we can make. I know that it is the House of the Lord and He comes to the Temple.

3 comments:

  1. I suspect that all temples have high and low attendance days - considering all the work there is to do, and the blessings that can come from it - we could be filling them all day and every day but life does get in the way and all we can do is try. So glad that you are enjoying having a temple so close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to hear from you Jane....enjoy reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to go every Friday night when we were first married and then when I was sick and pregnant we got out of the habit and have have a hard time getting back into a routine with P's schedule. Not an excuse! It is a wonderful place to go and I am so happy that my family is sealed.

    ReplyDelete