Monday, May 14, 2012

Always playing catch Up....or Laura Inspires !!

I am determined to make a mark on my old blog today. Every night before I head off to bed I check to see if Laura posted on her blog. She rarely disappoints me, and she always inspires me to write....then I get sidetracked and here it is 11:25 and no post done!!!

I have such a full, busy life and something happening everyday. I can never say that I am bored. But look folks...I last wrote April 6th!!  So what have I been doing....here goes

-grandparenting...sleepovers a plenty with the most adorable kiddies on the     planet snuggles with dear Olivia, and not enough visits with our country girls.
-reading.....several interesting books...Change of Heart, Homecoming....and some others
-sewing....two special quilts finished and the third half way there
            ....doll clothes....thanks to my friend Kathy for sharing some awesome patterns
                they are quick and so cute
-knitting....completed eight pairs of slippers for you can guess who
-card making.....love making mass sets....love sending cards out!!!
-swimming....I try to get there at least 4 days a week....hit and miss some weeks
-biking....got my bike finally out of the basement and have had one ride.
-travelling....Bill and I drove from home to suburban Boston...some great shopping
                ....some serious conversation....and no resolutions
                ....good food, some rest, and way too much rain.
-church work....love my library service BUT far better has been my time at the Temple
                .....I work with the most amazing people
-general service......when needed
-cooking....as little as possible....Bill has such great talents in this area
-cleaning....I try...I really do....this topic depresses me.

I'm sure that I'm forgetting other things.....but let's move on to news

-Laura will be home on May 28th....and I'm sooooo excited
-Karen had a trip to Ontario for the burial of Brandon's Grandfather...It was a special family occasion for her and Olivia
-Kathy is transforming her house ( and boxing up a lot of it) She had a great Easter visit with Jeff, and we had the 5 bunnies, I mean kiddies with us!!
They hope to hear soon some idea of where this adventure will lead them
-Michael had a successful school trip to Quebec.He's been investigated for celiac, and we're all anxious to get some answers on this one.
-Jessica is growing lots ( size 8 shoes...ladies) she sure can pound out the notes on the piano
-Sarah likewise is having a growth spurt...and just gets more gorgeous every day
-Jacob....my tender Jake....I love watching him be a big brother to adoring Cooper.He's recovered well from last months dog attack ( in the neighborhood...9 stitches to his head)
Georgia.....oh my wise little Georgia....reminds me of the importance of prayer...even when my sewing machine comes unthreaded!!! A tender moment. She's writing her letters everywhere!! She also had her first official time in school and loveeeeed it
Cooper- has potty trained himself...loves underwear....and standing when he pees!!! He works hard on his speech...and prays so deeply over our meals....to help us be healthy and wrong!
Finley- she has a very social side that is blossoming everywhere. she loves to be outside, running and digging in the dirt.
Emmy- so gentle and caring. She is a little quieter but so loving....loves books and drawing with chalk. shes also great with puzzles.
Olivia-is sunshine everyday....the happiest baby alive!! rolling, chatting and laughing

Finally, general news....
  My sweet cousin Edith died on May 11th and will leave a huge hole in the heart of her dear community
   Lots of babies on the way to some special fiends....Jessica S, Jessica M, Karlie and a few others I think...its getting late.

I want to end with a couple of photos....and I will post again soon. Thanks for the inspiration Laura Beth....you are amazing

at the frog pond...Easter weekend
Olivia with her favorite cousin

Mass card production

doll clothes
riding to the playground together April26


Okay.....I know that I have other pictures that I could post but the computer is tired and giving me some grief....for a minute I actually lost my whole post and that wasn't a pretty moment.....so I will stop and say good night for now.


















1 comment:

  1. Oh Jackie, I know what you mean...lol. I almost lost a post once, so now I save it in word while I am putting my blog together then I have it just in case... haha. Otherwise that would make a little crazy. I love your blog:)

    ReplyDelete