Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Don't Think too Much

This may be short but I'm determined....not even sure why...but I feel like a need to leave a mark on today. I woke up with a wretched headache, skipped my swim ( big mistake) and rolled over and went back to sleep. Kathy woke me next to see when I'd be over for the little ones. I might have slept the day away...but I promised to help and since I'm not a painter, I'll do the grandma thing. The kiddies and I headed home and pretty much spent the day at home. I had some sewing to finish for Jessica's birthday, so I set up a play dough station in my craft room and the three of us worked along together. It was a good day until I  started to fade and so I  headed off for a nap...leaving kiddies with Bill ! ( another big mistake)...an hour or so later Georgia wakes me to tattle on Cooper who had done some body drawing...arms, stomach and facial hair!!! Oh dear Cooper....I washed him up, and parked him in a timeout spot...he promptly fell asleep, then fell off the chair....oh Cooper.

After a long ,slow dinner the kiddies had some downtime and fell off to sleep!!
I finished my trio of crazy quilts and four outfits for Jess' A.Girl doll.

I think that I just needed to see that I did accomplish something today.

I want to also mention that one of my V.Teachers directed me to read a conference talk by Elder Anderson....it was a very inspiring talk...and I quote from it...

"Even with His love for all mankind, Jesus reprovingly referred to some around Him as hypocrites, fools, and workers of iniquity.He approvingly called others children of the kingdom and the light of the world.He disapprovingly referred to some as blinded and unfruitful. He commended others as pure in heart and hungering after righteousness.He lamented that some were faithless and of the world, but others He esteemed as chosen, disciples, friends. And so we each ask, “What thinks Christ of me?”

I testify that as you love Him, trust Him, believe Him, and follow Him, you will feel His love and approval. As you ask, “What thinks Christ of me?” you will know that you are His disciple; you are His friend. By His grace He will do for you what you cannot do for yourself."

There was so much more.....What does Christ think of me??? This matters so much to me, and I could list so many ways that I know I fall short of being who He wants me to be. I am so deeply thankful for the Atonement that he made to make up for my weaknesses and the powerful forgiveness that He offers.

I talked with someone recently who told me that they doubted that their was a God. I want to testify in this post that God lives and his presence comes to us each day with the rising of the sun...and the many evidences that abound in our daily lives. The scriptures testify of him, miracles happen, and the great Plan of Happiness has been restored to the earth once again.

The gospel is my strength and direction every day.

I have much to give thanks for....most especially the great family that I am apart of....the grand Durnford clan, and my own wonderful children and husband. Each of them are a big part of my heart and soul.

A closing note...my dear cousin Edith died recently. She was a grand lady and touched soooooo many lives. She will be deeply missed by her family, friends, and community!! Francois will never be the same. Love and miss you Edith!

I'll close with some photo memories
Quote for today

Someday he will have to shave
self xray!
timeout snooze
doll clothes
for Jessica's 11th Birthday!!

Good night.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting Jackie, I love your quote of the day... it's exactly what I needed to hear... by the way, I know I have a little bit before I can go back the temple.. not too long but not as quick as I would like to go, like next week;) When I go back soon, I would love to go with you. Thanks for leaving your mark today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never met Georgia or Cooper, but I've read plenty about them from members of your family. So, I must ask, are you certain Cooper did his own body art?

    ReplyDelete