Thursday, August 4, 2011

Awake again

Last night we had an incredible thunder and lightning storm. It went on for hours and hours, long after midnight. I fell off to sleep, but bingo...an hour or so after I'm wide awake, and hungry. ( I had had a really light dinner) Well after toast and cereal...I'm still awake...and not feeling any sleep coming. I texted back and forth with Laura, and then eventually headed back to bed. The thought crossed my mind...'this is what a lot of my older-aged friends talk about.'

So it's night two... I went to bed at elevenpm, read, and drifted into dreamland....until 12:30am..I've been up for over two hours now....watched the end of Law and Order, and Now Missing without a Trace, Made a card, Texted Laura.....and not a yawn to be found....so is this my next phase of life...yuck!!!

I know that none of my young followers have much experience with this....but I thought maybe I should warn you!!! Just kidding!!!

So....that's my three am thought. I will add that it's been another busy week. My friend Marguerite returned ( much to my surprise) and she's making plans to move here. I had a quick visit to Michael and Keah's...and just didn't get enough of those cute girlies. Love watching them in action. I've been very energized to clean house this week....wallls and windows included. ( I know...sick!!!) Today Kathy and the kiddies were here, and I employed the four oldest ( they actually volunteered) and we continued the cleaning surge....polishing,dusting,windows,dishes,and even bathrooms....they love to have sponges and spray bottles.....and we had a ball!!! Funny how work can be fun!!! Thanks kiddies.Kathy also taught me to make a new kind of card....I'll close with a photo...sweet dreams.....I hope!!! We head west in two days...hooray!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Jackie, I soooo can relate. I was showering at 2:30 this morning. But I think I got it licked today...no afternoon nap and I'm saving the muscle relaxant that I take for my MS/stroke till bedtime. We'll see :-) Fingers crossed.

    Your card is lovely! And would you send that cleaning crew to the South Shore please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I tried posting a comment yesterday and it wouldn't work. Hopefully I'll have better luck today. Your creativity is growing and I love your new card. I hope you have a fabulous trip and keep safe. Say hello to Bill for me.

    ReplyDelete