Saturday, July 2, 2011

Letting off steam....

That title may not lend one to want to read on...but it's what came to my head. It's 11:40 am and I feel like I've wasted the whole morning. I was way toooooo late going to bed last night/morning, and then I was up at 7am to help my friend Marguerite head off for home.( Vermont) I would usually be off to the Temple but I had booked off because of Marguerite. After she left I really kind of let down some emotions that have been squirreled away while she was here. I also began to feel very sickly with stomach issues and a headache. I tried to go to sleep but just felt like yuck. I also read an email that made me cry...and I haven't stopped since,. So now I really feel like yuck!! Then I tried to divert my emotions and work on some bulletin items...next I jammed the copier...and it took forever to resolve that one.

I hate feeling this way!!! I have many reasons to feel happy but I'm like the copier...jammed!!!

Let's chat. I had a nice visit with my friend Marguerite. She is an old teacher friend, and she is also a psychologist. She began analysing me within the first two hours of her visit....and that really wasn't what I needed....she seemed to think differently. I chalked it up to a long talk for me, and practice for her. Thursday we did some site seeing in the morning then she went off to lunch with another friend. I had the kiddies and Kathy here celebrating grading day. Marguerite returned and after dinner we went for a nice neighborhood walk. Friday we walked everywhere....we did the Public Gardens ( extensively)...watched the Canada Day parade, walked up to Citadel Hill for birthday celebrations, more walking and a stop at Cora's for lunch, more walking then off to the NS International Tattoo, more walking and home for a visit with another old teaching friend,Nancy, small rest then down to the waterfront for you guessed...more walking, cows ice cream, and fireworks. Walked back to the car and home. Some late night chitchat, some computer business, and I collapsed into bed.
I enjoyed seeing my friend, but the whole thing fatigues me emotionally. I let things stress me and I don't resolve well. On top of that an old problem has resurfaced which shuts me down totally. I just want to scream. Time to go look for some peace.

PS...Not sure that I should add this here but I do want to share the fact that I have had many happy things...especially happy to know that there is another baby on it's way to our family. So excited for Karen and Brandon!!! Christmas will be very special indeed for us all!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you're having a bad day. I hope it has improved since you posted.

    ReplyDelete