Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Day after

Dear blog,
   Yesterday I vented way way more than usual. I was truly in a meltdown. But like many things...this too shall pass. My stresses didn't vanish, but my attitude adjusted. Isn't it just such a crazy cycle that we go through?? why oh why???
   So now it is Sunday, and I have been to church. That in itself improved my disposition. I enjoy the fellowship of my church family, and oh how loved it made me feel. ( Even though my buddy Erinn was absent! Younger sibling Allie gave me some hugs and chatter...thanks pretty girl!!) Renae taught a beautiful lesson in Relief Society based around the 13th Article of Faith. What a wonderful lesson for my needy soul. I also read some more conference issue today...every time I read the talk is exactly what I needed. This morning I read pg 108,'The Miracle of the Atonement.' This is a very powerful address, on such a deeply important subject. How grateful I am for miracles in my life. Heavenly Father sure is close by,thanks!!
   I think that I might have earlier posted about my quote jar from Patti D. I love the wisdom of quotes.I picked out two today.
'Opportunity knocks, but it has never been known to turn the knob and walk in.'
and
'You always fall the way you lean.'
Interesting......however...this next one is my favorite from today, and it's not from the jar.
"Choices are the future, for nothing can be founded without first choosing."
That is such a great truth...and our choices do direct the future paths that we will tread on.

I continue to miss Laura very much. I'm glad that we can connect though and I so very much love our phone conversations.( email, text and skype are good too) She is having some happy happy days in Calgary, loves her new job, and she's making some good friendships. All in all this is a growing time for her and a time that will prepare her for her future adult life. ( I know you are an adult,Laura) I am so excited that we are making the journey west and hope that July flies by!!

I'm also excited that Karen and Brandon are expecting their first little one. Karen will be an awesome Mom.....she's going to be such fun to see with  her own baby!! ( Brandon will a sweet dad too...hopefully a lot like his own papa!! Karen has great in-laws)

Not too much more to report....maybe I'll close with a few pictures!!!

Soccer time with my man, Jacob
A loyal fan that I sat by!!!!

Looking cool!!! or telling me to turn off the camera......probably
My other cool little man....he's such a delight!!!
First hot day in Bridgewater...pool time for the beauties!!!
they loved the pool!!!
Grading Day with my friend Marguerite!
Old teachers reunited
Celebrating on the Citadel
O Canada...how we love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love reading your blog Jackie. I don't get on here often so I love to see what's new with you. You make me want to do better...love you lots!

    ReplyDelete