Sunday, April 10, 2011

Where Can I Turn

I've just returned from a week away with two friends. Sharon, Linda and I spent a week at Sharon's timeshare in Rockland Maine. We took all of our sewing gear and worked on a variety of projects, shopped at some great fabric/quilt shops, dropped down to Freeport, laughed, talked and had a great break from the race.
That's kind of what my life has become....a race....never ending, too fast, exhausting,confusing,demanding...and I feel like I will be the loser. Back home to others needing me, and sometimes I just feel like I have nothing left to give. That's my mood tonight. I've had Laura back down in a bad place and I can't seem to help her. Bill is missing my  messages to him, so we're heading two different directions. I just want to swear mailto:#$@#%^%$$#.   ......there that doesn't feel better.....but...

Back to last week...it was a great break. It helped me see myself better, and it did make me feel like I was good at something. I even lost another 2 lbs.!! Standing ovation for me.....that's an inside joke between Sharon, Linda and me. I do want to post some photos cause I took lots. Al;so congrats to Sharon on receiving her newest Granddaughter mid week....Freya was born to Adam and Corina. Pictures.....

                                                                 The three sisters!
                                                          My Bookcase Quilt
                                                                Reversable Apron
                                                           Peace and Love
                                                  Reversable Table Runners...mine is in the middle
                                                                     The other side
                                                          Happy times with Linda
                                                     and Sharon
                                               Our main room and kitchen in the background

View from the balcony

I know that I'm a pretty blessed lady. I have good friends, and many opportunities in my life. Why is it that the things that matter the most to me......just bring me down the most.
Sorry...not my best, most positive post.

I am grateful..really I am for......family, friends, food, safety, experiences,knowledge,truths, and the restored  gospel of Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is the answer.

2 comments:

  1. Well I just love seeing the three of you! Makes me homesick! And maybe just punch this bad day in the face. I always mentally just punch bad things that going on in my head...right in the face. It helps. Punch punch! See it's better already. Or you're thinking I'm a nut ball and maybe that helps?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics from your fun quilting week... of all the stuff, I think the apron is my favorite! I do love the blue runner, too... ;-)
    Just remember that you are loved and although it is frustrating, annoying and draining, you are very good at your "job". You have great children and grandchildren to show for it!! :-) You ROCK!
    Above all that you are a fabulous quilter and card maker!
    PS: I agree with the previous commenter... PUNCH IT in the face! ;-)

    ReplyDelete