Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Press On

This has been a beautiful peaceful day. I started the day, very early ( 5:20) and was at the pool before it opened at 6am. I had a great swim, and short visit with my friend ML. I especially love swimming with my snorkel on, and just feel so removed from everything in the silence of the deep pool!

After a quick stop at Aunt Mays, and a dress change I headed off to pick up two friends  ( Lynn and Joan) to go to the Temple. How I wish that I could express the deep spiritual strength that comes from attending the Temple. I would use words like peaceful, calm, loving, renewing, happy and knowledge. While I was surrounded by many other Temple goers, I was able to have my very own personal visit with my Father in Heaven....through prayer and meditation. I am so thankful to have a Temple here in Nova Scotia, and the opportunity to attend.

Back home, and abit more 'spring cleaning'. It was indeed a spring day as the day was blue sky sunny, and temp. hit between 23-28 C. My visiting teachers came by and we had a delightful visit. They are both such special friends, and they continued the loving feeling of the Temple. Thanks Monica and Jennifer.

Bill and I cooked a yummy dinner together, and then watched some TV together. It's been a good day.

Now as a post script I must write about how wonderful RS celebration last night. We celebrate the birthday of our Womens group every March and last night was delightful. We had a lovely dinner, and a sweet program/power point about the angels in our lives. Background music to the PP was 'Angels Among Us' by Alabama....a song that I love. It was an evening of fellowship, and remininces about those who have served us, and the effect that this has had on our lives.

What came to my heart when asked to share was the angels who attended my family at the deaths of my parents. I will never forget those who held me up, and fed my body and soul. I also feel that one  sister in my life, Gail is an angel. She writes notes to me and many others just because. Little does she realize how her thoughtfulness has such a profound effect on those who receive them. Many times they have been just what my stressed soul needed. Gail has here on challenges in life but she is such a giving person, and I think the world of her. My third angel is a very humble friend who has been my VT companion for the past fourteen years. Dear Joan, has been such an example to me. She is so kind and caring.

Throughout my life I have been attended by many angels. From notes, calls, emails, visits,smiles, tears,hugs and the prayers of others I am constantly reminded that I am the daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me, knows me, and has a plan for me. How deeply grateful I am for this knowledge and the great plan of Salvation.  ( Oh and Monica poured!!)

Thank you for a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Another wonderful blog, The Relief Society Birthday was wonderful. I am really grateful to be back and I am incredibly thankful for the friends who support me on my journey back to the path I've always known I was supposed to be on.

    My many visiting teachers over the years have been there for me, I loved what you said about VT last night, I agree whole heartedly.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete