Tuesday, November 15, 2011

One more for the bucket list


I know it was quick.....but the experience will be with me forever. Let me backtrack a bit. On Sunday ( today is Tuesday) I flew from Halifax to Calgary. I arrived there at about 9:45 and was welcomed by my cousin Donna and her husband Winston. They took me to a special hotel ( the name escapes me) where we had a delicious brunch with a waitress extrordinarie!! We returned to Donna's where I had a divine nap while waiting for Laura to get off work. Once she arrived we began our journey to Washington....a long drive indeed. It was great to have this time with Laura. We talked, laughed, sang and even danced abit ( her more than me!!) We arrived in Washington at about 4:30 am....and I headed straight to bed!!
Now back to my video. Today Connie took me to my first experience with scuba diving and I'm not sure that I can find words to describe it. She is an awesome lady and an excellent teacher. She calmed all of my fears, and we had a wonderful time. I can't believe that I did it!!! I relaxed at the bottom of the training pool, attempted somersaults, played ball, and lots more. Connie tried to capture a few pictures for me...but I neglected to check that the phone was set for photos...and instead got four funny videos....the rest will follow.
Last thought....Washington is a beautiful spot and the  Dunfords have been wonderful to us.






2 comments: