Sunday, October 25, 2009

REFLECTIONS

I think about this place of expression more often than I thought I would. Today, for instance, as I sat in Stake Conference....I wondered why we listen so often to great advice and then we don't do much with it. Now I'm not saying that I don't try...I really do....but I wondered about the people who just didn't seem to be too with the whole listening thing....they looked sleepy, or distracted....I was listening but every once and awhile someone would catch my eye or enter my thoughts...I started thinking that wow if we could all be doing what is being said.....it would be sooooo cool.
In particular I really tune into the Temple parts of the talks...how we all need to make the Temple a more regular part of our lives. I wasn't good at that...so the Lord knew that I needed to be called to work there. I ABSOLUTELY love working in the Temple....I never want to leave....I love the people that work with me there, and the wonderful variety of humble people that come there each week. I am also trying to have a regular day to go there when I'm not working. The Temple is my greatest source of strength..and peace.
Stake Conference was very good...both Sat.night and Sunday. I was very touched by the women who spoke on Sat. night.....and today every talk whispered a special message to me. I liked a statement by Pres. Simpson...What are you doing on Earth for Heaven's sake?
This week has also been fun having the Cooper family with us....what sweet parents Val and Rick are..we've done the tourist thing, ate amazing lobster,attended the Temple, played wahoo, opened the house to a luau to celebrate Elder Cooper's mission completion......Val Cooper is the Hawaiian energy bunny....such a sweet thoughtful lady and such a loving mother......loved being a part of their special reunion!!!
That's all for now.. pictures may come...but I'm behind in that area....too much partying

No comments:

Post a Comment